SiouxSports.com Forum

ND Shrine game

UND92,96

I had the opportunity to watch the 11-man Shrine game today, and I was extremely impressed with UND recruit Bobby Stroup from Fargo South. I think he was clearly the player of the game. He needs to put on about 20-25 pounds, but he looks like he could be another in the long line of great Sioux linebackers. He was all over the field, had a few highlight reel hits, made the play of the game when he sacked the quarterback, caused a fumble, and picked it up and took it in for a pretty long touchdown. Brandon Hellevang also looked good. He hit the crossbar on a 52-yard field goal attempt, but showed that he has great range for a young kicker. He made a 52-yarder in warmups, and his kickoffs were high and pretty deep. Ryan Chappell didn't get to touch the ball all that much, as the west wisely kicked and punted away from him every time. He did have a couple of nice runs, and had a touchdown reception that was unfortunately called back due to a hold.

I had a chance to go to this game as well.

I definitely agree with you, Stroup could be a good one for UND, he is a smart player with playmaker ability.

I didn't think the West stood a chance in this game, the East just had to many good players and it showed.

Good game though.