SiouxSports.com Forum

The Best Hockey Fans in College Hockey

Sioux_Hab-it

Awesome! My dad and I made the photo! The atmosphere is so great here with a TON of Sioux fans! It seems all the UND fans moved down to one section which was great cuz we were all spread out except for the 400 tickets that UND got. The band did a magnificent job of getting our fans going and cheering. There is no better feeling than last night when the team left the ice and gave us their individual salutes. Very unusual to see on a first night...wasn't expecting it until Saturday.

Talked to Schneider at dinner last night...I asked him if the ice got soft in the third period because the puck seemed to move so slowly. He said it was so bad their blades were sinking in the ice! What a pure gentleman he is...so appreciative of all the fans. Belfour was having a blast in the bar after the game with all the fans, Blais and former players! The alumni party I thought was a huge success, nice crowd, only negative would be the price of the food they served, but that was easily forgotten after the first goal!

I will try to post more thoughts later, but their are alot of fans waiting to get online to read all the stories!

What a night, what a team.