SiouxSports.com Forum

Jake Brandt article

AZSIOUX

Quite reminiscent of the situation in 1997 when senior Toby Kvalevog stepped aside for freshman Aaron Schweitzer without causing any waves. In fact, I recall Dean Blais on several occasions noting how important Kvalevog's willingness to mentor Schweitzer was in the team winning the national title that year.

Quite reminiscent of the situation in 1997 when senior Toby Kvalevog stepped aside for freshman Aaron Schweitzer without causing any waves. In fact, I recall Dean Blais on several occasions noting how important Kvalevog's willingness to mentor Schweitzer was in the team winning the national title that year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see them as the same thing because Brandt was playing well and the other goalies were not playing better than him in game situations.

I don't see them as the same thing because Brandt was playing well and the other goalies were not playing better than him in game situations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on toby's behalf, he got hurt, that's why schweitzer got his chance to play. to aaron's credit, he kept the starting spot for the rest of the year.

I guess the parallel I was trying to make was that of a senior goalie with an established track record putting the team ahead of himself during a season in which the team was making a championship run.

Fedorov, you imply that it is different because Toby wasn't playing well, but if I'm not mistaken, the Sioux were ranked No. 1 in the country even before Kvalevog gave way to Schweitzer.

I guess the parallel I was trying to make was that of a senior goalie with an established track record putting the team ahead of himself during a season in which the team was making a championship run.

Fedorov, you imply that it is different because Toby wasn't playing well, but if I'm not mistaken, the Sioux were ranked No. 1 in the country even before Kvalevog gave way to Schweitzer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

again, toby ended up with bursitis in his hip, which is what lead schweitzer to time between the pipes. I agree that he deserved to stay, but you are correct, the sioux were ranked #1 before toby got hurt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was trying to say that Brandt was doing equal or better than the other two goalies this year. I thought the whole Schweitzer deal happened to everyone could do that Schweitzer cheer with their hand. :lol:

I was trying to say that Brandt was doing equal or better than the other two goalies this year. I thought the whole Schweitzer deal happened to everyone could do that Schweitzer cheer with their hand. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it just me or is this sentence hard to read? Sorry, just trying to figure out what you mean by it.