SiouxSports.com Forum

Help in B.F.N. Texas

mezzy05

Hey, I have a question...so anyways I am off to Brownwood, TX for Easter this weekend and am really struggling to find a location that has Direct TV. Is there any way any of you know to watch the game via other means...ie, internet broadcast...please help, I'm desperate...(yeah, it's a dry county...no bars)...

Typically in the dry counties they still serve alcohol at places like Chili's, bennigans, TGIF, Applebees, ect.... Food has to be 60% of the gross sales or something right along those lines. You just have to sign a membership card or whatever. It is really stupid and took some time getting use to. Typical bible belt stuff. Only in Texas can you have a hard time getting a beer at a resteraunt and walk over to the gas station and pull a single beer out of the cooler just like you were buying a pop. Doesn't make any sense to me.

In the DFW Metroplex there are some of the cities that are "dry" and that is what I have done or at least that is how it works in the Metroplex. Anyway you could try someplace like that and see if they have Directv or whatever. Not sure where Brownwood is or how it works there but that is a suggestion.....