SiouxSports.com Forum

Blue Ice?

dagies

Here's a little bigger picture.

If the ice had a light blue tint, I don't see why they would have to change the dark blue lines.

blue_ice.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO kidding... Why not just make the redline orange and darken the bluelines... :lol:

Another valid point about the Bball vs hockey popularity debate is that most everyone in the country has picked up a bball and shot it (and realized how difficult it is to slam dunk). What % of the country has strapped on skates and fired a few slapshots? You don't really appreciate the speed and skill required to play hockey until you have actually tried it. For example, jumping out of a helicopter onto the top of a mountain in order to ski where they haven't/can't build a chair lift looks damn easy from my couch. :lol:

Another valid point about the Bball vs hockey popularity debate is that most everyone in the country has picked up a bball and shot it (and realized how difficult it is to slam dunk). What % of the country has strapped on skates and fired a few slapshots? You don't really appreciate the speed and skill required to play hockey until you have actually tried it. For example, jumping out of a helicopter onto the top of a mountain in order to ski where they haven't/can't build a chair lift looks damn easy from my couch.

Or the fact that 95% of the country just plain doesn't like hockey! (Not statistically proven) The NHL is really in the hurt bag when/if they come back. They have been averaging less attendance then Arena Football for the last couple of years and now they have a lockout?!? Not sure if changing the ice blue is going to generate a good fan base!

Another valid point about the Bball vs hockey popularity debate is that most everyone in the country has picked up a bball and shot it (and realized how difficult it is to slam dunk). What % of the country has strapped on skates and fired a few slapshots? You don't really appreciate the speed and skill required to play hockey until you have actually tried it. For example, jumping out of a helicopter onto the top of a mountain in order to ski where they haven't/can't build a chair lift looks damn easy from my couch.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way, where did this comment come from? I don't remember the debate? Was it in a different thread?