SiouxSports.com Forum

women's swimming

updm002

I have been a huge uno fan in fb,basketball, softball and soccer the last 15 years and yesterday was the first time I had heard UND had won 23 (yes - 23!!) straight ncc swimming championships before yesterday. That is incredible. I really am not that interested in swimming and don't know much about it but why is UND so good in swimming and does anybody care about it up there. Incredible streak. I don't normally associate ND with great swimmers

I concur on the incredible streak that UND put together. One thing that baffled my though is why UND always hosted that tournament. It seems logical to move it around. Sure enough, when it is hosted by someone else they lose. I am not a swimming fan either but congrats to the UNO program for the upset and kudos's to the Sioux for their awesome streak.

Just because the girls lost at UNO should not discount the last 23 years. Home pool was nice, but many changes were made over the years to try and remove the "advantages" of it. Many, many people worked very hard to those wins, and it was tradition taken very seriously by the Sioux women.

UNO came on strong from their very first year in the NCC, and congrats to them this year. By basing their win and UND's loss to a change of pool venue disrespects both teams. I doubt UNO only thinks they won because of home pool. And 23 years comes down to a lot more than home pool.

Congrats to all the Sioux women over the years. Good Luck at Nat'ls Sioux!