SiouxSports.com Forum

NCC scheduling

UND92,96

I'm not saying that there's some kind of conspiracy against UND or anything, but I think the powers-that-be who made out the NCC schedule this year did a rather poor job from a UND perspective. First, having UND vs. UNO for the first two conference games was stupid and unnecessary, even though it turned out well for the Sioux on the men's side. Probably more importantly, there are two instances this season where UND has a game on one night, and then turns around and plays again the following night against a team who didn't have to play the night before. Last night was the first time, and later this year UND plays UMD on the second night of a back-to-back when UMD will have had a week's rest prior to playing the Sioux. I quickly checked the NCC composite schedule, and I didn't see that any other team has to do this even once, let alone twice (although I could easily have missed it and this might be happening to other teams, as well). I'm not saying USD wouldn't have won last night anyway, but you can't tell me that it wasn't a major advantage for them to catch the Sioux the night after having had to play a tough game against UNO, while USD had fresh legs from not having had to play since last weekend. Why couldn't the games this weekend have been Thursday and Saturday instead of Friday and Saturday? At least then it's not such a huge advantage for the team that has just one game.

Since the Foolem compiles a "Division 1 Independents" "standings" in the sports section (only for the women's team), do they think people are actually stupid enough to think that NDSU is "leading" something?

Woo hoo! Amy's Lady Bizon are in first place!!!
Scratch that... maybe they do. :huh: After all, they kicked the crap out of Valley City State the other night.

Where is the "standings" list for the men's independents? :0

Since the Foolem compiles a "Division 1 Independents" "standings" in the sports section (only for the women's team), do they think people are actually stupid enough to think that NDSU is "leading" something?  Scratch that... maybe they do. :D After all, they kicked the crap out of Valley City State the other night.

Where is the "standings" list for the men's independents? :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AGREE!!!! who the hell cares if the BI-son women :huh::0:D are leading any "independent" category - bottom line is they are years away from EVER qualifying from any REAL playoffs of any kind...My advice is follow a team that has some PROSPECTS of competing for a NCAA championship this year - UND!!