SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Performance thru Midseason

siouxtatoo42

how does this forum grade our coaching staff thru midseason? comment on predicted finish  

71 members have voted

1. 1. how does this forum grade our coaching staff thru midseason? comment on predicted finish

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C
    • D
    • D-
    • F

Dogz, While I really like UMD, I was surprised when they went so high in the polls early this year.  I don't read a whole lot into the polls though because they have almost NEVER been correct predictions.  More like political stabs in the dark.  Nevertheless, the reason I was surprised is because I felt UMD lost it's major core, not just a HB winner.  Geisler, Hardwick, & Unklesbay were in it just as much as Lessard.  I'm sure the way both of our seasons are going, we'll be seeing each other again if either team doesn't finish strong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our core defensemen for sure. Geisler was a stalwart defenseman to be sure, and Hardwick provided some valuable experience on the blueline. Unkle Jesse probably is the least missed, as our incoming forwards, though young, are big guys!

I was hoping Petruic could step into the roll that Geisler left vacant. Lessard left an unfillable gap in the scoring offense with his size and sniping ability. Though Schwabe has 13-17-30 so far this season, the offense lacks that finishing touch that Lessard provided.

There are 11 seniors on the Bulldogs this year, but Sandy is recruiting like mad to fill the gaps. He is a much better recruiter than Sertich was, I was just hoping he could be a better motivator (not that a senior-heavy team should need much of that) to help pull this team out of the slump before it was too late (which, barring an improbable run through the Final Five, it probably already is).

i guess in reading these posts,  all very good, i didn't really get any predictions on how those of us in the sioux community feel the coach of our beloved fighting sioux is going to finish the season.  some banter on the second half of the poll question would be awesome.  i'm curious as to how most of you feel.  I thought i was a diehard until i got on here, most of you out there make me feel silly and that i have limited knowledge.  PCM, FEDEROV, Goon,  hell, even WpoS (minus his gooofer affiliation) are all great hockey minds.  Entertain me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would give Hak a B/B- rating for the season so far. For the poll I answered B-, but that could change if the Sioux get into the NCAA tourney and make some noise. I guess there is nothing wrong with a B rating, but there is room for improvement. I would give goaltening and defense a A-/B+ and scoring/offense a B/B-.

These are higher ratings than I gave Vikings coach Mike Tice. I have him a C- for his efforts this season. I did expect more from the current UND hockey team since there is still a good group of players that returned from last season.