SiouxSports.com Forum

The Other Tourny.

siouxnami

For those of you not fully involved with the World Juniors.

Despite having their best player (Lee) in Grand Forks Moorhead beat defending state champion Centennial and can win the tourny tonight.

I was going to go to the games today, but driving conditions look terrible. I did find that some of the games will be broadcast on the internet today. (Silver Final Breck - Maple Grove and Gold Final Moorhead - White Bear Lake)

Here is the URL. I don't know how the system will work but I will try it out tonight (or take the car that I don't care if I total it...).

http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers2/inde...tname=ccsports/

I watched snippets of last night's webcast of the Moorhead-Centennial semifinal in between watching the USA-Belarus game. The video quality was pretty good. Centennial kept the Spuds bottled up in the neutral zone for much of the game. It seemed like Ammerman played the whole game for the Spuds. I think he is still a very good prospect and I'd like to see him in a Sioux uniform, preferably after a year of juniors.

Moorhead is proving that they are certainly not invincible, but I think they are far from top form right now. I think they will benefit from a bit of line shuffling as Cory Johnson will be a much bigger factor in a few weeks (he's just coming back from a football injury). Jordy Christian belongs on the second line in my opinion, but I'm sure it's tough for Morinville to move some of those seniors down in the lineup.

White Bear Lake is a very good team. Tonight's championship will probably go to the team best able to handle a third tough game in three nights.