Minnesota: Jeff Frazee 15 SV, 23:00 min

Rocky Mountain: Devan Hartigan 11 SV, 23:00 min

Rocky Mountain: Richard Bachman 25 SV, 23:00 min

Officials

Bryan Pancich, Todd Owen, Owe Lutchke,

Team record

Rocky Mountain: 1-0-1-0

Minnesota: 0-1-1-0

Team Minnesota has looked extremely frazzled the first two days of the festival. No punch offensively, and if it wasn't for goaltending Michigan and Rocky Mountain would have blown them out the water. Lee has not been able to play because of a concussion, but Ammerman has looked strong on the point. :D

I went to Wednesday's Select 17 games in St Cloud and enjoyed it thoroughly. If you get a chance to go in the future I suggest taking the afternoon to go watch some very good hockey. Here are some impressions of players of interest to Sioux fans:

Chris VandeVelde-for the second day in a row he scored Team Minnesota's only goal (currently leads team in goal scoring with three in five games). He's 6'2" and 177 lbs with terrific stick-handling skills. Once he gets stronger on the puck he's going to have very nice all-around game. Knows how to bury the puck.

Zach Jones-Hak and Berry need to get the LOI on this guy so we can all stop wondering if Zach will follow his brother to Grand Forks. Smart player with great skating skills. Not as big as Matt but has lots of talent. (Side note: one of the Team Illinois parents told me that Matt has bulked up this summer. More bulk to go with his skating and experience? Prediction: big year ahead for Matt).

Taylor Chorney- a future star. I'm trying to be realistic and not wear my Green-colored glasses about it but I think he's going to be great. All the adjectives apply...heady, tough, effortless skater, strong at lugging the puck, etc. The one thing that stuck with me the most was that he was calm (meaning he never rushed his decisions or actions). I'll be shocked if he isn't wearing the "C" someday.

Brian Lee did not play on Wednesday. As Greenbayguy noted previously he's been out with an injury. I was anxious to see him play again as I was very impressed with his play at the MN State tourney. Ammerman looked OK but had a few sloppy outlet passes. He's still a very solid player...hopefully he can land in the WCHA somewhere if the Sioux don't offer him a ride.

One of the kids on the Dakotas team was defenseman Jake Vigen. He's 6'4" and 220 lbs and was impressive. He's not a great skater but he plays a nice, tough game. I don't know much about him but I know he played at Red River last year. He's may not be a big-time recruit but he looked good to me. Anyone know much about him?

Here's a name to put in your memory bank...Zach Harrison. He's a 5' 11", 163 lbs forward. He's a young 87 so he'll be just a junior at Shattuck this fall. He played on Shattuck's U16 team last year and scored 41 goals (110+ points) in 64 games. Very nice looking player. If Hak and Berry keep the Shattuck pipeline going this is a kid to watch.

The area WCHA coaches group was well represented at Wednesday's Festival. I saw Jutting, Lucia and Dahl. Steve Johnson was there as well (hopefully his evaluations will soon be utilized in Grand Forks, not Lincoln).