SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise Practices...Will he play?

Walleye King

I remember Panzer as a great play maker in college, but lacking a little bit in flat out speed...similar to Larry Olimb of Gophers or Brian Bonin etc. Then you have guys like Lee Goren, who does have size and can score, but lacks some of the skating skills.

I thought Panzer had fantastic speed. But lacking a little strength.

I thought Goren lacked strength for the pro game.

Goren is tremendously strong. I have met him several times personally past two years...friend of a friend...on the golf course. He has a very strong upper body.

Panzer does lack strength. I just don't recall him being that fast (I'm talking flat out speed here). I remember him as an able skater, with decent speed, who saw the ice well and was great on the rush.

Panzer does lack strength. I just don't recall him being that fast (I'm talking flat out speed here).

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone question Panzer's speed. I believe that every year he wore a Sioux uniform, he was the fastest player on teams that were known for their speed.

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone question Panzer's speed. I believe that every year he wore a Sioux uniform, he was the fastest player on teams that were known for their speed.

Panzer was one of the fastest skaters in the WCHA during his stay at UND.