SiouxSports.com Forum

scheduling proposition

updm002

As a UNO fan one of the things that bothers me about the new NCC are some of the weaker non league teams the NCC has to play to get to 11 games. For instance UNO is playing Tiffin, Crookston, and I don't think Western Washington is that great either. I would rather play one NCC team home and home and get rid of at least one of these crappy non league games. What do UND people think of the possibility of at least playing one home and home fb game series for each schools. Yes, it might hurt our playoff chances but it would be more interesting than seeing UMC other teams that are basically NAIA teams disguised as D2. I hope we get an 8th team SOON so we only have to search for 4 non league games. It might create an imbalanced schedule but it would be fun if one likes to see better fb.

I don't like it because of playoffs. Let's say that UNO destroys UND in the two regular season games and is clearly better, but all of a sudden the playoffs roll around and UND gets a win because they've already have seen UNO twice.

It's hard beating a team once in a season. It's difficult to beat them twice. If it ends up being three times, it's really tough.