SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucas Dunne

UND Fan

For those of us who follow UND FB recruiting closely, you will remember that last year we offered Lucas Dunne, an all-state running back from Concord De La Salle, CA. De La Salle is, year in and year out, one of the top FB big schools in all of CA.

I was sure hoping that he would sign with us but was puzzled when he didn't sign with anyone. I, and others, have wondered what happened with him. I have just learned that he is playing rugby for the Cal Golden Bears. Mystery solved!

For those of us who follow UND FB recruiting closely, you will remember that last year we offered Lucas Dunne, an all-state running back from Concord De La Salle, CA. De La Salle is, year in and year out, one of the top FB big schools in all of CA.

I was sure hoping that he would sign with us but was puzzled when he didn't sign with anyone. I, and others, have wondered what happened with him. I have just learned that he is playing rugby for the Cal Golden Bears. Mystery solved!

We did hear last year after recruiting was over that they never did offer Dunne, which is why he didn't end up playing FB anywhere. They offered Sparks instead.

We did hear last year after recruiting was over that they never did offer Dunne, which is why he didn't end up playing FB anywhere. They offered Sparks instead.

Thanks for the info - how could a kid with those kind of numbers at a big-time HS not get an offer? I don't think the problem was grades!

You mentioned Sparks - are you going to provide some insight into this year's redshirt class - who may see a lot of playing time next year, who has significant potential, who may have added 30 pounds since being recruited, etc. It would be great if you did. Thanks again for the nice job you do - keep the info coming!