SiouxSports.com Forum

IAA Playoff Sham

nodakvindy

Nodakvindy, yeah, you got me. Patriot League is non-scholarship. :silly:

Don't teams in the Patriot League offer some kind of scholarships. I think they offer money, but they call it a different name. I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about this on anygivensaturday.com.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't teams in the Patriot League offer some kind of scholarships. I think they offer money, but they call it a different name. I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about this on anygivensaturday.com.

I beleive they are called "grant-in-aid". UCDavis used to give these out and may still do So they are technically non-scholarship but they do give money to athletes

from the fordham web site

http://www.fordham.edu/general/Admissions/...ial_Ai2158.html

Athletic Aid

Student-athletes on "Atlantic 10 Conference" teams may be awarded scholarships based on athletic ability. Football grants are awarded under Patriot League regulations and are based on both financial need and athletic ability. These athletic grants require an annual re-application and are renewed based on family need as calculated each year using the required financial aid forms. Since need varies depending on the family situation, the amount of the grant may fluctuate from year to year. In addition to the award letter, in June student athletes will receive an athletic contract which must be signed and returned before the aid becomes official and your student account is credited.