SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise

RedFrog

I figured I'd get the ball rolling on the Pairwise discussion. The hockey nerds gurus love spinning the ungodly amount of possibilities when trying to figure out what the best scenario would be for the Sioux from here on out.

I'll start us off.

Currently looking at the Pairwise, I was kind of surprised at how bad our TUC record is considering how well we did in non-conference play. Then realizing how dominant the WCHA is this year, all the conference games we've lost have really hurt us.

I see 3 comparisons easily within reach of us flipping in our favor, they are: Yale, BC and UNO.

In the Yale comparison, we just need to catch them in RPI (.5469 to .5496). Yale has Princeton and Quinnipiac left, 2 teams in the bottom half of their conference.

In the BC comparison, we can catch them in TUC as we both have 2 games left against TUC(in the regular season). Go New Hampshire.

In the UNO comparison, we can catch them in TUC as we both have 2 games left against TUC(in the regular season). Go Bemidji State?

Now, the Bemidji State comparison is one we could flip as well as we would need to catch them in RPI (.5469 to .5529). Probable with a UNO sweep?

I also know there is no way we will catch Wisconsin, Miami or Denver in the comparisons.

I commented on our TUC record earlier, looking at the current RPI, Merrimack and Mankato are sitting at 28 and 29. If one or both could get a couple of wins here at the end, they could crack the top 25 and become TUC's which would siginificantly help our TUC record.

Hope that gets the ball rolling a bit.

(Also, does anyone have the link to the Pairwise tool that I think Cornell has where you can enter outcomes of games to get RPI/Pairwise rankings?)

I figured I'd get the ball rolling on the Pairwise discussion. The hockey nerds gurus love spinning the ungodly amount of possibilities when trying to figure out what the best scenario would be for the Sioux from here on out.

I'll start us off.

Currently looking at the Pairwise, I was kind of surprised at how bad our TUC record is considering how well we did in non-conference play. Then realizing how dominant the WCHA is this year, all the conference games we've lost have really hurt us.

I see 3 comparisons easily within reach of us flipping in our favor, they are: Yale, BC and UNO.

In the Yale comparison, we just need to catch them in RPI (.5469 to .5496). Yale has Princeton and Quinnipiac left, 2 teams in the bottom half of their conference.

In the BC comparison, we can catch them in TUC as we both have 2 games left against TUC(in the regular season). Go New Hampshire.

In the UNO comparison, we can catch them in TUC as we both have 2 games left against TUC(in the regular season). Go Bemidji State?

Now, the Bemidji State comparison is one we could flip as well as we would need to catch them in RPI (.5469 to .5529). Probable with a UNO sweep?

I also know there is no way we will catch Wisconsin, Miami or Denver in the comparisons.

I commented on our TUC record earlier, looking at the current RPI, Merrimack and Mankato are sitting at 28 and 29. If one or both could get a couple of wins here at the end, they could crack the top 25 and become TUC's which would siginificantly help our TUC record.

Hope that gets the ball rolling a bit.

(Also, does anyone have the link to the Pairwise tool that I think Cornell has where you can enter outcomes of games to get RPI/Pairwise rankings?)

du,miami,wisc and scsu are pretty much unflippable. the highest we would be able to get is 19 comparisons which would be 5th or 6th.

edit- our 0-4 against DU is killing us in several comparisons(mainly uno and bc) so playing them at the final five and beating would be a help.