SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank you

sdhoops

Thank you Gene Roebuck and staff for recruiting our Native American athletes. You go way back to Colleen Chaske to the recent Anna Leigh Brady. I am a Lakota Sioux from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. If I was on either the Spirit Lake or Standing Rock reservation, I would vote for the school to keep it's name. I know for a fact that Gene includes the top players from the reservations in his recruiting database. He does what a lot of college coaches are scared to do: he treats them like every other player. If they can play, they can play. It's sad that some of our NAIA and NCAA D2 colleges within 2 hours from home don't even give a passing glance to our players yet the schools in North Dakota, including UND, actively recruit our players. Even if it doesn't work out, at least they gave them a fair look. So, I just want to say thank you. I wish your program nothing but the best. I hope UND can keep it's name. Yes, history has defined our culture to be untrusting and at times filled with vengeance, but we have to move forward in order to progress.