SiouxSports.com Forum

UND cancels classes through Monday

YaneA

Just back from a flood update assembly put on by UND administrators. The University will cancel classes starting at noon today and at least through Monday to allow students to engage in volunteer flood-fighting. The University will NOT close but will continue its other operations and will be a resource to those who are working against Mother Nature. Our students continue to volunteer in huge numbers, need our support and have earned our gratitude. By noon today, the University will have in place a Volunteer Coordination Center that will handle UND's response to calls for help. You will be able to find further information at flood.und.edu

That's good news, to allow for volunteers.

Question. Do they make these classes up later with additional days in the spring? Or are they just lost days.

If I'm not clear, I'm wondering if it's like the public schools. Take a storm day, make it up later.

I've been employed by UND since 1993, was a student prior to that. I don't remember ever being told that a lost day--for snow or flood--would have to be "made up." Some accrediting bodies, like the American Bar Association for the law school, may have "hours of instruction" minimums.