SiouxSports.com Forum

coach hakstol on xm home ice

nodak hockey fanatic

not sure this deserves its own thread, but didn't know where to put it. for those of you who get xm, they interviewed coach hakstol on hockey this morning on xm channel 204 and are replaying it on home ice online (i believe the xm signal in your car has a game? not sure why it's different). i'll recap if there is anything interesting. one thing i will say about xm home ice, as it is the best hockey talk out there, is they interview coaches from the big east schools quite frequently, but rarely have any wcha representation, so good for coach hak, and good for xm for spreading their wings a little.

edit: good interview, nothing too groundbreaking. coach hak is very well spoken, a good interview. they talked about the final five. kind of alluded to who they would rather face (goofs or umd), but coach hak wouldn't take the bait, said they were differerent teams, but both good teams. talked about the second half surges, and how this team is different getting contribution from all four lines, not relying on a parise, zajac, toews or osh to carry them. talked about duncs and what a great leader and captain he is. then at the end had an email asking about all the former sioux in the nhl. hak said he thinks 16 right now, talked about the pride that he and the sioux program take in seeing those guys succeed. that was about it. GO SIOUX!!