SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise on Front page of....

Siouxhockey03

If you'd like to check out the first round, ESPN2 will have the draft on from noon-3PM CT today.

With all the talk about Vanek and Parise going/staying, etc, here are comments from a Wisco recruit that has not yet played a game in college:

If teams work to fill needs, high draft selections could be defensemen Braydon Coburn or Ryan Suter, whose father Bob was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. His uncles Gary and John also played in the NHL.

Suter currently is slated to play in college at Wisconsin, a decision he said could change depending on how high he is drafted.

``I'd definitely give it some thought,'' he said.

I don't expect all of the first rounders that are currently in college or scheduled to be in college next year to be there this fall, in spite of all the arguments by each team's fans that they need more time/not ready/they want to stay in college/CBA/etc,etc.

Won't be long now until speculation is over, however.

OK Vanek just went fifth to Buffalo, does this mean that he is gone since he has name recognition there? He can seel tickets. This is one SIOUX fan who actually hopes he stays. I think the SIOUX and the Gophers will be the top 2 teams in the country and will be very fun to watch. So I hope he stays one more year. And of course Parise stays at least 2 more. ;)