SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Elite Camp

UND Fan

UND's Elite Camp (where they invite kids they may want to recruit) ended yesterday. Did anyone stop by to see any of the action. If so, who was there, how did they look, etc.?

I assume the staff will be making offers to a few of the attendees quite soon.

UND's Elite Camp (where they invite kids they may want to recruit) ended yesterday. Did anyone stop by to see any of the action. If so, who was there, how did they look, etc.?

I assume the staff will be making offers to a few of the attendees quite soon.

UW bound: Big Foot senior fulfills a dream

That's exactly what Travis Frederick did two weeks ago at the University of Wisconsin's summer football camp for linemen.

Frederick, who will be a senior at Walworth Big Foot High School, wowed the UW coaching staff with his athleticism and strength.

How impressed were head coach Bret Bielema and offensive line coach Bob Bostad? Enough to offer the 6-foot-5, 315-pound Frederick a full ride to play for the Badgers in 2009.

"When I was younger, I always dreamed of playing in front of the home-town crowd," Frederick said. "Now, I'll get that chance.

"It wasn't an impulsive decision. I thought about it for a couple of days after Wisconsin put the offer on the table, but I think it was the right one for me and my family."

Frederick had qualifying offers from University of Minnesota, University of Iowa and the University of North Dakota after impressive performances at their summer linemen camps, but Wisconsin was an easy sell for Frederick. The honor-roll student would like to design airplanes and missiles if the NFL is not in his future, and the UW has a top-notch mechanical engineering program that specializes in aerospace dynamics.

We need that aerospace engineering major now or at least the energetics program already in place. :)

UW bound: Big Foot senior fulfills a dream

We need that aerospace engineering major now or at least the energetics program already in place. :D

It is good to see UND going after guys of this quality. Even if we don't get them, it sends the message that we are aggressively going after talented kids that the big boys want. That can only help us with other recruits!