SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UMD

UND92,96

UND 106, UMD 49 final :D

Here's a perfect example of why comparing scores against common opponents is meaningless--both teams' most recent game prior to today was at Augie. UMD lost by four in that game. UND won by eight.

Another score of interest--St. Cloud State leads USD by one at the half in St. Cloud.

SCSU couldn't close the deal, losing by five to USD. If the Huskies actually had a bench (0 points!), they probably could have pulled off the upset. I still can't believe the Sioux lost at home to the Coyotes. :lol:

Considering USD has won something like 20 games in a row now doesn't make it quite as surprising. USD probably has the easiest schedule left with the only road game against UMD. The best the Sioux can reasonably hope for is to get into a tie and a coin flip if they win. I was impressed with the Sioux last year when they beat USD in Vermillion. This year UND has lost some of those good players and USD is definately better overall. It should be a classic on Thursday. You've won so many NCC titles over the years, maybe this year is the Yotes year for a change. The Yotes have their destiny in their own hands on their home floor. If they keep winning at home they will be there for quite awhile.

Considering USD has won something like 20 games in a row now doesn't make it quite as surprising. USD probably has the easiest schedule left with the only road game against UMD. The best the Sioux can reasonably hope for is to get into a tie and a coin flip if they win. I was impressed with the Sioux last year when they beat USD in Vermillion. This year UND has lost some of those good players and USD is definately better overall. It should be a classic on Thursday. You've won so many NCC titles over the years, maybe this year is the Yotes year for a change. The Yotes have their destiny in their own hands on their home floor. If they keep winning at home they will be there for quite awhile.

The point is that when you have a terrible rebounding team and no post scoring, your margin for error isn't very great. That describes USD's team. And that is why they will be very vulnerable in the post season. In a one-and-done situation, I'd rather take my chances with a team that can rebound and that has a couple of great low post scorers, as opposed to relying on the 3.

The point is that when you have a terrible rebounding team and no post scoring, your margin for error isn't very great. That describes USD's team. And that is why they will be very vulnerable in the post season. In a one-and-done situation, I'd rather take my chances with a team that can rebound and that has a couple of great low post scorers, as opposed to relying on the 3.

You are probably right, I guess USD doesn't have much of a chance in the game on Thursday Night. UND's inside game and rebounding will be too much for the Coyotes to handle. Aside from shooting from outside I can't really think of much else that USD does real well when compared to a team like UND. I would say USD has the advantage with outside shooting and UND has the advantage with every other aspect of the game. I would probably have to predict a 20-30 point win for the Sioux as there is no way that USD can play close to the Sioux for two games in the same year. I would put the odds of a Sioux win somewhere between 95-98%.

UND fans probably know more than anyone about Women's basketball as the tradition is second to none so I will definately hold the opinion of a Sioux fan in high regard when analysing what is likely to happen. I am guessing that USD was probably very lucky to be within 20 points of the Sioux in Grand Forks as they are usually blown out up there. The Yotes must have gotten most of the officials calls and probably a very high amount of good bounces off the rim and deflections that ended up going their way. That and a Sioux team that probably took them for granted for most of the game. I can't really say because I didn't see the game. The UND fans will have to comment on how USD pulled the miracle up there. USD is due for a really poor effort on Thursday because I don't think the shooting can hold up against the kind of defense that will be applied in that game. I would expect the Sioux to really come out strong and motivated to avenge the loss from last month. The physical nature, height, basketball savy, speed, power etc will be on full display from the team in Green. USD fans really don't care much about their Women's team compared to their men. I would expect that USD already has their ticket punched and reservations made at a hotel in Grand Forks for the conference tourney and regional tourney to be up in North Dakota this year like it usually is. The Sioux are always tough at this time of year. They had their one annual bad game and shouldn't have much of a problem running out the string for the rest of the season. I think UND is probably due for another National Title this year. I wish USD could make a run but their program is just not quite good enough to compete on a national level. They are usually good for a regional appearance every now and then but that is about it. Never really much success come post season.

So please tell those players up there to take it easy on the Yotes on Thursday. I don't want to see the game get too far out of hand. Maybe allow USD to stay in it for a half to give our fans some hope before putting on the invasion in the second half. I foresee something like 86-58 North Dakota in a romp after only leading 41-30 at half.

You are probably right, I guess USD doesn't have much of a chance in the game on Thursday Night. UND's inside game and rebounding will be too much for the Coyotes to handle. Aside from shooting from outside I can't really think of much else that USD does real well when compared to a team like UND. I would say USD has the advantage with outside shooting and UND has the advantage with every other aspect of the game. I would probably have to predict a 20-30 point win for the Sioux as there is no way that USD can play close to the Sioux for two games in the same year. I would put the odds of a Sioux win somewhere between 95-98%.

UND fans probably know more than anyone about Women's basketball as the tradition is second to none so I will definately hold the opinion of a Sioux fan in high regard when analysing what is likely to happen. I am guessing that USD was probably very lucky to be within 20 points of the Sioux in Grand Forks as they are usually blown out up there. The Yotes must have gotten most of the officials calls and probably a very high amount of good bounces off the rim and deflections that ended up going their way. That and a Sioux team that probably took them for granted for most of the game. I can't really say because I didn't see the game. The UND fans will have to comment on how USD pulled the miracle up there. USD is due for a really poor effort on Thursday because I don't think the shooting can hold up against the kind of defense that will be applied in that game. I would expect the Sioux to really come out strong and motivated to avenge the loss from last month. The physical nature, height, basketball savy, speed, power etc will be on full display from the team in Green. USD fans really don't care much about their Women's team compared to their men. I would expect that USD already has their ticket punched and reservations made at a hotel in Grand Forks for the conference tourney and regional tourney to be up in North Dakota this year like it usually is. The Sioux are always tough at this time of year. They had their one annual bad game and shouldn't have much of a problem running out the string for the rest of the season. I think UND is probably due for another National Title this year. I wish USD could make a run but their program is just not quite good enough to compete on a national level. They are usually good for a regional appearance every now and then but that is about it. Never really much success come post season.

So please tell those players up there to take it easy on the Yotes on Thursday. I don't want to see the game get too far out of hand. Maybe allow USD to stay in it for a half to give our fans some hope before putting on the invasion in the second half. I foresee something like 86-58 North Dakota in a romp after only leading 41-30 at half.

For some reason, this is the kind of sarcasm that I just love. Well done Coyote fan. Good luck to your team on Thursday, it should be a hell of a game!!!

Good ol' Coyote fan--long-winded as usual. :lol: I have no idea who is going to win on Thursday, but if your posting history on d2football.com is any indication, if USD loses you will offer up a 1000 word essay on how USD women's basketball is a huge disappointment (kind of like USD football this year, huh?)

Good ol' Coyote fan--long-winded as usual. :lol: I have no idea who is going to win on Thursday, but if your posting history on d2football.com is any indication, if USD loses you will offer up a 1000 word essay on how USD women's basketball is a huge disappointment (kind of like USD football this year, huh?)