SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerome Beasley

UND92,96

Jerome Beasley is one of 15 players selected by USA basketball to compete for 12 spots on a team to (hopefully) qualify the US for the next world championships. Not that any of these players would actually play in the world championships, but a nice honor for JB nevertheless. link.

Sounds good. It sounds like he played pretty decent this summer. here is a link to the stats and recaps of his league. You'll have to click on the Orlando Magic to see the box scores and what he did. He lead the team in scoring at least one game. He seemed to get more minutes the last couple games.

Reebok Vegas Summer League (click on Orlando's logo)

I got the chance to talk to big Rome on Tuesday...he told me about the USA deal...which is great for him!!!

He also said he is looking at the Spurs and the Mavs to try and get a two year deal signed....he wants a guranteed two year deal...

I still think IMO that he would be better off going over seas and making a ton of money and putting it away...just not sure he will make it past the 12th man or stay on their IR all the time like he did in Miami...and with every draft it becomes tougher to make a roster in the NBA...

They are changing the rule. Teams will now be required to have an average of 14 players. They will also no longer have to list some "phantom" injury as the players will either be active or inactive similar to the NHL.

I hope he gets a shot in the NBA--it's always nice to see ex-NCC players make it.  I always enjoyed the games in Frost when he was playing, he knew how to get the crowd ticked at him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember the NCC championship game down there when Robert Lolar really "got the crowd ticked at him" And Beasley too. The whole crowd just hated those guys as they dropped shot after shot, then would taunt the crowd with a hand to their ear, or a chest bump. I think Robert had quite a nice game that one. The game was a good one with the Rabbits, unfortunately, coming out on top. Had a great time down there and came away with a nice Wells Fargo NCC sign to prove it. I also took a nasty spill outside the Brookings Inn after a late night getting to know some of the SDSU female fans. Fun time though. I long for the days of good NCC competition like that with SDSU, NDSU, UND and USD. I'm sure quite a few of their fans do too. Although no NDSU fan would admit it on this site. Those were some fun games though.