SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Football - Weston Dressler

mjchewy

I am wondering if anyone hear is an ESPN Insider. ESPN's website has player profiles for all draft eligible players for the 2008 draft and Weston is on their site, but you have to be an Insider to read his profile. I was hoping someone hear would be able to share with the rest of us, the scouting report on Weston.

I have no idea what information it might actually have for him, maybe nothing, but I am curious to find out.

Thanks for the help.

I was just bumping the topic back into the most recently commented/viewed. Hoping that the person with the insider information would see it.

For whatever reason, there wasn't any information on the 2008 draft picks. They have Dressler rated as the 99th overall reciever so I can't imagine that they are going to be to flattering with him when they finaly do put some stuff up. Im pretty sure he will be undrafted.

Here is what they said about Kuper two years ago, who was rated considerably higher:

Strengths: Shows a lot of upside because of his size-potential/athleticism combination. He is tall, has adequate bulk and continues to get bigger. He shows good quickness and athleticism. Seems to be at his best on pulls and traps. He does a good job of reaching the second level and hitting the moving target as a run blocker. He has absolutely dominated his small-school level of competition. He shows the ability to knock defenders back off their feet when he connects on the move in space. He has the feet, balance and body control to develop into a very good zone blocker in the running game. He shows a quick set in pass pro. A natural knee bender with the lateral movement skills to mirror and slide at the NFL level. His long arms and wide frame make him difficult to get around as an interior pass rusher.

Weaknesses: Must develop better muscle tone and explosive power. He runs over small-school defenders when he has a running start, but he does not show the initial pop or hand punch to knock NFL defenders back. He is more of a position and wall-off type of blocker than anything. He lacks ideal lower body strength and will struggle to anchor versus the bull rush in the NFL. His footwork and hand-placement are just decent. He gets away with a lot at the DI-AA level that he won't get away with in the NFL.

Overall: Kuper grew up in Alaska and played football (as a quarterback) sparingly in high school. He redshirted in 2001 and saw limited action as a reserve guard in 2002. He took over as a fulltime starter at right guard in 2003 and he started 41 consecutive games (right and left guard) during his final three seasons at North Dakota. Kuper, a former high school quarterback, is a fine athlete for his size and position. He has a great frame and size potential. He also possesses the athletic ability to potentially compete for a backup job at OG and/or OG in the NFL. However, Kuper is a small-school prospect whose learning curve in the NFL will be steep. He needs to get bigger and stronger. He must also improve his overall technique and become a more explosive blocker. In our opinion, Kuper has enough upside to warrant fifth or sixth round consideration in 2006, but he's not worth wasting a pick on any earlier.