SiouxSports.com Forum

Austin Dufault

UND Fan

Aaron Dufault, the 6'8" forward out of Killdeer, has committed to Colorado. He had narrowed his options down to Colorado, Arizona State and NDSU. UND had courted him for a long time but he really had a good summer of AAU ball and, all of a sudden, everyone was after him!

He is talented but may have some problems defensively. While I sure like to see ND kids do well, if he doesn't make it at Colorado, UND may have a chance to get him in a year or two.

Aaron Dufault, the 6'8" forward out of Killdeer, has committed to Colorado. He had narrowed his options down to Colorado, Arizona State and NDSU. UND had courted him for a long time but he really had a good summer of AAU ball and, all of a sudden, everyone was after him!

He is talented but may have some problems defensively. While I sure like to see ND kids do well, if he doesn't make it at Colorado, UND may have a chance to get him in a year or two.

His name is Austin

I'm not intending to smack but.....

If Colorado doesn't work out, why would he go to UND over NDSU? NDSU was in his top 3...wouldn't it make sense that he would got NDSU if he hated Colorado?

I'm not intending to smack back but...some athletes actually look at academics when choosing a school.

I'm not intending to smack but.....

If Colorado doesn't work out, why would he go to UND over NDSU? NDSU was in his top 3...wouldn't it make sense that he would got NDSU if he hated Colorado?

A legitimate question. From my point of view, we had no chance of getting him now. Who knows, situations change, people change - if he may be looking for another home in a year or two, that home may be UND.

I really hate to make that kind of comment because I really want North Dakota kids to make whether they leave the state or not.

Neither. My comment was not specific to Austin Dufault but to student-athletes in general.

While academics are very important when choosing a college...... please explain to me why UND would be so favorable vs. NDSU? After all, NDSU was on his top 3 list to begin with...... Since NDSU was on his top 3, I will make the assumption that he doesn't see NDSU as lacking in academics. Also, he could have listed UND as an option but he chose against UND.

BOX!

Neither. My comment was not specific to Austin Dufault but to student-athletes in general.

Very valid point, although I don't think academics had anything to do with his decision to goto CU. Ultimately you have to look at how he was going to fit within Colorado's offense and how he wouldn't have to put on 30 to 40 pounds to be effective. Gotta remember too, his favorites didn't exactly include any academic powerhouses.