SiouxSports.com Forum

Red River Mud Sharks AAA Hockey Club

The Red River Mud Sharks AAA Hockey Club is looking for coaches and players for the 2008 AAA season.

We are looking to field teams for the '95 to '99 divisions for boys and U-10 and U-12 for girls. If there is an older age group that we have not included that would like to skate for the Mud Sharks, we will happily add them to our program. Our goal is for each team to participate in 3 tournaments and possibly even some games against other regional AAA clubs.

For more information, check out www.redrivermudsharks.com

• 2 months later...

Just a little bump to keep it fresh

Regular youth hockey season is approaching fast, and our recruiting efforts will be going into full swing too! Our games may be in the spring and summer, but there is a lot to do all winter too in order to be ready to hit the ice in April.

If you are looking to play or coach summer youth hockey, the Red River Mud Sharks are looking for you!

Check out www.redrivermudsharks.com

• 1 month later...

Another bump to freshen it up a little

Things a looking great with the team building of the Red River Mud Sharks. We still need coaches and players at the '96, '99, U10, and U12 teams. The '95s, '97s, and '98s are looking great but could still use a few more players for these teams too. The '98s need a goalie.

Regular youth hockey season is approaching fast, and our recruiting efforts will be going into full swing too! Our games may be in the spring and summer, but there is a lot to do all winter too in order to be ready to hit the ice in April.

If you are looking to play or coach summer youth hockey, the Red River Mud Sharks are looking for you!

• 4 weeks later...

Another bump to freshen it up a little and I'm sure one or two other threads will quickly push it down.

Things a looking great with the team building of the Red River Mud Sharks. We still need coaches and players at the '96, '99, U10, and U12 teams. The '95s, '97s, and '98s are looking great but could still use a few more players for these teams too. The '98s need a goalie.

Regular youth hockey season has started and we are getting our name out, this has already net us new players. Our games may be in the spring and summer, but there is a lot to do all winter too in order to be ready to hit the ice in April.

• 1 month later...

Another bump to freshen it up a little and I'm sure one or two other threads will quickly push it down.

The last two weeks have been HUGE for us!

Unfortunately we had to suspend recruiting on the '96, U10, and U12 teams, they were just not coming together fast enough and we decided to focus our energies on the '95, '97, '98 and '99 teams going into the stretch run before we start entering tournaments.

We have also been approached about fielding a '94 team. If you, or someone you know, has a '94 looking for this type of oppurtunity, let me know and I will forward your information to the '94 point of contact. As of right now, this is exploratory, may not happen, but if you are interested, let us know.

All teams still have openings and our '98s are still in need of a goalie. We are about to press forward and start sending in our entry forms and ordering jerseys in the next 2-3 weeks.

Regular youth hockey is already in the final stretch, our season starts in about four months this time will go by fast. Our name has been out there and it is paying dividends.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the final stages of planning and preparation for the 2008 AAA season. We have two teams that are looking great and will definitely be competitive in the tournaments we are looking to get into. For new players, the current projected cost for this team is approximately $335 for three tournaments, 12-15 games, 6 practices and a game jersey that is yours to keep.

This first year was a blast at the tournament and it has been fun getting things set up for the upcoming season. We have more than doubled the size of our club and filled out nearly three teams. Our fourth team, the

Just want to post another update as the number of visits to our website from this website is so large, I want to keep interested parties informed.

Response from my last post has been so sucessful, we have had to suspend recruiting for the '97 and '98 teams as our roster is full! Thanks to everyone that has visited, asked questions and registered players with our club! Please, keep checking on us, we are about to start what will be a sucessful season.

If you are interested in coaching or have a '95 or '99 player that might be interested in playing some summer hockey, please let us know! We have a few slots left on the '95 team and the '99 team is wide open.

I am looking at the '99s as an exploratory team for families looking to get their feet wet with summer hockey. As I have stated before, this club is focused on players and families having fun while the players continue to develop their skills in a competitive environment. We look for relatively inexpensive, geographically close tournaments that don't burn out the player or the parents checkbook. If you are interested in this for your '99 born Mite/Peanut player let me know at red_river_mud_sharks@yahoo.com or check out the website at www.redrivermudsharks.com!

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody, one last check in here at Sioux Sports before we start our season.

We have put together 4 teams for this summer, a '95, '97, '98, and a '98/'99 combined team. What started as 17 kids and 3 coaches last season has grown to 66 kids and 9 coaches. our '97s and '98s are confirmed into the Ice Palace Cup at the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks and the Fargo Spring Meltdown. We have an application into the Pepsi Cup in Fargo for these teams to complete their schedule. For the '95s, we are confirmed into the Spring Meltdown in Fargo, have an application into Hockey Fest in Alexandra, MN and are waiting on some information on one other tournament before we make our final decision. Our '98/'99 team will be entering Hockey Fest in Alexandria. We are also exploring some possible additional events above our advertised program.

Thanks to all the people on this forum that checked out this thread, it generated players and coaching prospects.

We are already thinking about 2009! For next year we would like to be able to get the '96 team up and running as we had to suspend our efforts there around the first of the year. Also, we are going to revisit the U12 and U10 girls teams, we have made some preliminary strides there that could energize this for next year. Also, a new season brings in another age group, the 2000's! We will be looking to see if it will be a combined '99/'00 team similar to what we did this year or if there is support to field a full 2000 roster.

We are also looking into other hockey oppurtunities yet for this summer besides our advertised program

Yes, we are looking forward this year and into next. Our rosters may be set for this year, but please keep asking questions and registering your players so that we can have your information when we have to fill any openinings that develop during or after the season and if your player falls in the age groups we are looking to add for next year, we can start building those rosters now!

Thanks again and see you around the arenas

Red River Mud Sharks E-mail the Mud Sharks

• 4 weeks later...

Things are still moving along very well! We are in the final stages of getting the program scheduled and some of the teams are actively

looking form more tournaments and ice time, OUTSTANDING!

The '99 team will be taking part in the Pepsi Cup in Fargo the weekend of 30 May-1 Jun along with the '97s and '98s. Several players on

the waiting list will be moving up to fill in for other players that could not compete that weekend.

And just when things are really getting rolling this season, I am thinking ahead to next year. For next year, 2009, the #1 focus is to add a

2000 birth year boys team which will play in 2-3 tournaments. I would also like to revisit the programs we had to suspend for this year, the

'96 boys, U10, and U12 girls teams. Lastly, I would like to explore interest in a '94 boys and a U14 girls team. This would more than

double the size of our program! The main issue would be to get commitments from coaches as I wouldn't want to put a team together and

then not have a coach. Tournaments, practice ice, and uniforms are easy to come by, there are players out there that want to play, but

without a coach, it is not possible. My ideal candidate would be for a parent coach that could volunteer their time to the program but we can

also explore salaried positions. I will be soliciting feedback from this years families to improve the program for next year but I am sure that

the program will again be at least three tournaments, 6 practices, and game jersey and will be approximately $350 for new players and

$270 for returning players as they will already have a game jersey.

At this time, if you would like to be considered for the 2009 Red River Mud Sharks, please submit your information on our "Player Register"

page. If you would like to coach one of our teams, please e-mail direct at red_river_mud_sharks@yahoo.com.