SiouxSports.com Forum

Did you notice...a certain LACK of coverage?

SiouxMeNow

Another TIME OUT/Wacipi week has come and gone at UND...coverage in the Herald was pretty much confined to a single crappy photo with a caption (and possibly a mention in the City Briefs - I don't read ALL of that rag :D ) Isn't it FUNNY "they" didn't dive on this opportunity to bring up the nickname issue again? Perhaps some articles about how participants hate the name but like this event? How about an article about "this a chance for you to learn about Lakota/Dakota/Nakota culture?" - NOTHING! How about this is just a nice ANNUAL event that UND hosts to provide a bridge between cultures? ...eh...I guess it was the 10 year anniversary of the flood....okay :wink:

This could have been an opportunity for Doreen Y.B. to provide some real journalist insight...perhaps actually talk to participants instead of pontificating about her opinions by writing a real news story with a neutral reporters' view instead of an "editorital" view. Maybe it just didn't work out...or maybe she was on vacation...or maybe we can just wait for her next poorly written editorial against the Sioux nickname...sorry, gotta go line my birdcage now... :)