SiouxSports.com Forum

Travis and Zach get new Devils coach

JESUS,family,rutgers

Redwing,

Even the local sports stations have nothing to report yet about why he was fired. The one thing I do know is the owner REALLY wants a strong finish because the team is moving from Meadowlands in East Rutherford to the new Prudential Center (The Rock) in Newark next season. The multi-million dollar question is will people from the wealthy areas of northern New Jersey who are used to plenty of easy parking outside a small town follow the club when it moves to downtown Newark which,while improving, is one of the toughest cities in the country. In addition, the team and city say they may be able to come up with 4,000 parking spaces ( at $20 each) for an 18,000 seat arena. The owner needs a strong run in the playoffs.

Redwing,

Even the local sports stations have nothing to report yet about why he was fired. The one thing I do know is the owner REALLY wants a strong finish because the team is moving from Meadowlands in East Rutherford to the new Prudential Center (The Rock) in Newark next season. The multi-million dollar question is will people from the wealthy areas of northern New Jersey who are used to plenty of easy parking outside a small town follow the club when it moves to downtown Newark which,while improving, is one of the toughest cities in the country. In addition, the team and city say they may be able to come up with 4,000 parking spaces ( at $20 each) for an 18,000 seat arena. The owner needs a strong run in the playoffs.

I understand that they want a strong finish as they're moving into a new building next year, but it still makes no sense. The Devils were losing with Gionta, Elias, and Madden out of the line-up. As of yesterday (Sunday), they've all returned, but Gomez was out with a brief injury. Julien led them to another 100 point season, which is a success. I've watched pretty much every Devils game this year and thought Julien did a great job, and new exactly how to use Zach and Travis. Don't see that changing with Lou, but I have a hard time believing Claude was fired, and his being replaced isn't due to some other reason, perhaps a personal reason with him.

Who was the coach who was not too fond of Zach and Zach seemed to have to fight for minutes? Or am I remembering that scenario wrong?

cant think of the name but lets rememeber it was his rookie season as well and not everyone can just jump in to a top 2 line situation....he sure has had a hell of a 2nd year so far with zajac having a very solid rookie season as well!

cant think of the name but lets rememeber it was his rookie season as well and not everyone can just jump in to a top 2 line situation....he sure has had a hell of a 2nd year so far with zajac having a very solid rookie season as well!

The coach's name was Larry Robinson.

He was a rookie, but was only getting a couple shifts a game, sometimes less than 5 mins of ice time, until Lou became the coach and than he started to see regular shifts and a lot more ice time last year.

The coach's name was Larry Robinson.

He was a rookie, but was only getting a couple shifts a game, sometimes less than 5 mins of ice time, until Lou became the coach and than he started to see regular shifts and a lot more ice time last year.

Not only that but he was putting him on a different line every other game, making it virtually impossible for lines to develop good chemistry. As a rookie, this was obviously tough for Zach to fit in, which resulted in Robinson sitting him for a game as well. I think it's pretty safe to say that Zach was more than happy when Lou got behind the bench.

This opens the door for Sappysieve to be owner-coach of the Devils. :D

Maybe the Devils Lake over 40 beer drinkers and pizza buffet addicts league. :silly:

I'm very suprised by this move by old Lou. I know the pressure is on the organization to perform well in the playoffs. It was obvious they were struggling with injuries to key players like Madden,Gionta, and Elias. They guys have to be on the ice for the Devils to go anywhere in the playoffs. But, they have put a couple good wins together as of late and ZPar and Zajac have really became a force playing together. It's hard to say weather or not they can stay healthy long enough though, as the intensity and hard hitting is turned up another notch for the playoffs.