Galbreath

Ladouceur

Swanson

Deichert

Arnaeson

Coach of the Year- Hougland GPR

Senior athlete of the Year- Wurden

Thanks for the update.

Can Klein, Bombenger, and Swanson make the all state team without their teams making it to state?

Here's the stats for the All Conference team ...

2007 East Region All Conference Team

F - Eric Meland - Grand Forks Red River (24g, 23a, 47 pts.)

F - Andrew Vigen - Grand Forks Red River (18g, 16a, 34 pts.)

F - Tanner Hills - Grafton-Park River (12g, 26a, 38 pts.)

F - Zach Miller - Grafton-Park River (27, 24a, 51 pts.)

F - Logan Doeden - Fargo South (17g, 21a, 38pts.)

F - Jake McDougall - Fargo South (17g, 29a, 46pts.)

F - Tanner Bombenger - Fargo North (21g, 15a, 36 pts.)

F - Kyle Everson - Devils Lake (24g, 20a, 44 pts.)

F - Tyler Klein - Fargo North (14g, 22a, 36pts.)

D - Danny Wurden - Fargo South (18g, 23a, 41 pts.)

D - Jarret Galbreath - Grand Forks Red River (5g, 14a, 19 pts.)

D - Tyler Swanson - West Fargo (4g, 10a, 14 pts.)

D - Ryan Ladouceur - Grand Forks Red River (6g, 19a, 25 pts.)

G - Sean Deichert - Fargo South (2.34 G.A.A., 90.3% save %, (17-6))

G - Pat Arnaeson - Grand Forks Red River (1.06 G.A.A., 94.7 % save %, (15-1))

Coach of the Year - Jay Haugland - Grafton-Park River

Player of the Year - Danny Wurden - Fargo South

OVERLOOKED?

Does anyone think that there were other East players got overlooked for All-Conference? I'm not saying these players should be on, but you could certainly make a case for them based on their stats.

F - Ian Powers - Fargo South (17g, 22a, 39 pts.)

F - Russell Crary - Grand Forks Red River (18g, 18a, 36 pts.)

F - Chad Demers - Grafton-Park River (22g, 20a, 42 pts.)

D - Grant Narveson - Fargo North (6g, 18a, 24 pts.)

G - Mike Sand (2.45 G.A.A., 90.0 % save, (17-5))

2007 West Region All Conference Team

F - Andrew Seeberg - Bismarck High (14g, 13a, 27 pts.)

F - Cole Geis - Bismarck High (13g, 15a, 28 pts.)

F - Eric Herbel - Bottineau (32g, 21a, 53 pts.)

F - Jeff Kaiser - Dickinson (19g, 11a, 30 pts.)

F - Jayden Oakland - Hazen-Beulah (1g, 5a, 6 pts.)

F - Zach Welding - Jamestown (24g, 16a, 40 pts.)

F - Mikael Foss - Jamestown (10g, 18a, 28 pts.)

F - Nathan Stremick - Minot (21g, 31a, 52 pts.)

F - Bryce Schmitt - Minot (18g, 17a, 35 pts.)

F - Isak Tengesdahl - Minot (14g, 21a, 35 pts.)

F - Shawn Erickson - Williston (12g, 16a, 28 pts.)

D - Jared LaBere - Bismarck High (3g, 14a, 17 pts.)

D - Justin Heth - Bottineau (8g, 12a, 20 pts.)

D - Drew Flanagin - Bismarck Century (7g, 7a, 14 pts.)

D - Nic Spenningsby - Jamestown (9g, 19a, 28 pts.)

D - Dan Hendrickson - Minot (1g, 4a, 5 pts.)

D - Colby Rehak - Williston (8g, 16a, 24 pts.)

G - Michel Hillman - Bismarck High (1.90 G.A.A., 92.0% save %, (15-5-1))

G - Grant Kovacs - Dickinson (1.97 G.A.A., 94.0 % save %, (10-10-2))

Co-Coaches of the Year David Hoff - Bottineau

Dave Hanneman - Dickinson

Player of the Year - Eric Herbel - Bottineau

OVERLOOKED?

Does anyone think that there were other East players got overlooked for All-Conference? I'm not saying these players should be on, but you could certainly make a case for them based on their stats.

F - Ian Powers - Fargo South (17g, 22a, 39 pts.)

F - Russell Crary - Grand Forks Red River (18g, 18a, 36 pts.)

F - Chad Demers - Grafton-Park River (22g, 20a, 42 pts.)

D - Grant Narveson - Fargo North (6g, 18a, 24 pts.)

G - Mike Sand (2.45 G.A.A., 90.0 % save, (17-5))

Demers was shafted in my opinion. I have never been overly impressed by the play of Ian Powers. To me, he has below average footspeed and hands that are decent at best. Narveson was either very good for North, or not very good at all. I'm sure consistency was the main reason he was left off the all conference list. That and the other defenseman named are not exactly terrible.

Yea, but they have about as good of a chance at making the all-state team as Conway from Whapeton does.

To be honest with you, when Fargo Norths line of Bombenger, Klein, and Bekkedahl were clicking (which was pretty often) they were hands down the best line in the state. There may have been times where it seemed as though they were playing selfish, but in my mind those times were overshadowed by smart passes and creativity. If you find yourself unable to agree with my analysis, I suggest you contact Coach Erickson, and ask him to borrow a game tape from this season.

You'd think the "best line in the state" by your claim could come up with more than 1 goal in 2 games to finish out the season. Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl was a very good line of forwards. "Best Line in the State?!?!" That is a pretty tough point to argue. That's like saying, if anyone disagrees that Grafton's Top Line with Miller and Hills isn't the best line in the state, they should call the coach and get a game tape; Or is anyone disagrees that McDougall, Powers, and whoever skates with them isnt the best line in the state, call Coach Wilson and get his game tape..

You'd think the "best line in the state" by your claim could come up with more than 1 goal in 2 games to finish out the season. Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl was a very good line of forwards. "Best Line in the State?!?!" That is a pretty tough point to argue. That's like saying, if anyone disagrees that Grafton's Top Line with Miller and Hills isn't the best line in the state, they should call the coach and get a game tape; Or is anyone disagrees that McDougall, Powers, and whoever skates with them isnt the best line in the state, call Coach Wilson and get his game tape..

It's actually McDougall, Doeden, and whoever skates with them, but that's besides the point I'm sure...

To be honest with you, when Fargo Norths line of Bombenger, Klein, and Bekkedahl were clicking (which was pretty often) they were hands down the best line in the state. There may have been times where it seemed as though they were playing selfish, but in my mind those times were overshadowed by smart passes and creativity. If you find yourself unable to agree with my analysis, I suggest you contact Coach Erickson, and ask him to borrow a game tape from this season.

I would also have to say North

One of the top's lines in the state. Absolutely, I do not think hardly anyone could argue that. "Hands Down the best line in the state" is what I think there could be some argument on.

Whenever I watched this line against other top lines in the state (Grafton, Red River, South), the majority of time they kept the play out of their defensive end. There can be some argument on the subject, because it is a matter of opinion. But I believe that if you were to watch game tape when this line was up against other top lines in the state, their play was superior. I cannot recall seeing any line in the East that was as creative, or passed as well as this line did. If these players would have had the privelege of playing with some stronger defenseman their point totals combined could have been tops of any line in the state.

If you're using "only coming up with one goal in two games" as your point of argument your vision of the game is extremely out of wack. The reason I mentioned getting a game tape from Coach Erickson was because you could watch the games against other top lines in the East and see that Norths top line typically dominated play in the offensive zone. It was when Norths 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines were on the ice that they were extremely overmatched.

If you're using "only coming up with one goal in two games" as your point of argument your vision of the game is extremely out of wack. The reason I mentioned getting a game tape from Coach Erickson was because you could watch the games against other top lines in the East and see that Norths top line typically dominated play in the offensive zone. It was when Norths 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines were on the ice that they were extremely overmatched.

North's first line struggled against South's top two lines and Red River's top two lines. They also struggled against Graftons at EDC.

It's too bad that you noticed when north played the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines, they were extremely overmatched and Erickson didn't. If north would have rolled two lines all year North could have had a better chance.

So if they dominated play, one could very easily assume that they would score more than 1 goal in 2 games, when the games mean a trip to the state tournament. Apparently only people who oppose your opinions have "out of wack" visions. The assumption that North's top line of Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl being the "hands down best line in the state" seems to be the out of wack vision. Creative passes don't make a line the top line in the state. Production does. You don't get wins for creative plays and crisp passes, you get wins from goals. North's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines may have been extremely overmatched, but if the top line is in fact the top line in the state, they should get their goals. I will not argue that Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl are a very, very good line, AND ONE of the best lines in the state. Tyler Klein is arguably one of the best players in the state. This has been proven over and over by national festival selections, HS Elite team selection, etc... Bombenger and Bekkedahl are very good HS players. I just disagree that they are the hands down top line in the state bc you watched them play against RR, or GPR, or South, or whoever and they apparently dominated the play. How many of Grafton's/South's/Red River's games did you watch when they weren't playing North?

So if they dominated play, one could very easily assume that they would score more than 1 goal in 2 games, when the games mean a trip to the state tournament. Apparently only people who oppose your opinions have "out of wack" visions. The assumption that North's top line of Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl being the "hands down best line in the state" seems to be the out of wack vision. Creative passes don't make a line the top line in the state. Production does. You don't get wins for creative plays and crisp passes, you get wins from goals. North's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines may have been extremely overmatched, but if the top line is in fact the top line in the state, they should get their goals. I will not argue that Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl are a very, very good line, AND ONE of the best lines in the state. Tyler Klein is arguably one of the best players in the state. This has been proven over and over by national festival selections, HS Elite team selection, etc... Bombenger and Bekkedahl are very good HS players. I just disagree that they are the hands down top line in the state bc you watched them play against RR, or GPR, or South, or whoever and they apparently dominated the play. How many of Grafton's/South's/Red River's games did you watch when they weren't playing North?

Agreed, they are not hands down the best line, you're right. There were times when Grafton, South, and Red River walked all over them. There also were times when they made three crisp passes a lit the light like it was nothing. I believe there were only times when they played like the best line in the state, and during EDC was not one of those times.

RR, Grafton, North, and South all had very good first lines and arguing who

No. An out of wack vision would be basing their quality on two games at the end of the season. When comparing lines, you want to compare how the lines play when they are against eachother.

How do you figure that creative passes does not make a top line in the state? You say that creative passes and crisp passes do not get you wins, goals get you wins, is that correct? Well if creative passing and crisp passing do not directly correlate to goal scoring than what does? Are you trying to say that creative passing should be overlooked by something like physical power and strength? It is visions like those why development of players in this area is not what it should be.

If you would go back and read your post through you would see that none of it correlates to how an actual hockey game works. You are trying to say, that if Norths line is as good as I say, they should have scored so many goals to make up for all the goals that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines allowed? That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard regarding the game of hockey.

I don't base my opinions on how players compete against sub-par teams like West Fargo and Jamestown. With that being said, that is why I have been comparing them to teams like South, Grafton, and Red River. And yes, I watched South play Grafton, and South play Red River. And I feel that the line that best understood how to use the other forwards on the ice to create an offensive advantage, and capitalize on that advantage was Fargo Norths line of Klein, Bombenger, and Bekkedahl.