SiouxSports.com Forum

Move to DI

UND Fan

Another factor that has not been discussed regarding UND waiting the extra year before making the move up to DI is simply the fact that all Fighting Sioux Club invoices had already been mailed to the hundreds of members prior to the decision to move being made. The Club levels were not increased this year so you would assume that contributions levels would increase by the normal amount. Had they had time to increase the various contribution levels now, they would have raised much more. I am not sure this was a major factor in delaying the move, but I am sure it was a factor.

I would guess the levels will increase quite a bit next year - which will give the Athletic Department an extra year to "put money aside" before the major expenses start to hit in 2008-9!

Sioux fans - be prepared. The Bison fans who frequent this site will now tell us how unorganized we were - that they decision should have been made earlier. They might be right but, either way, ignore them!