SiouxSports.com Forum

I-AA talk?

DuckDuckGriz

Sioux fans -- There has been alot of talk going on at your school at the biggest I-AA football board, anygivensaturday.com -- Also the great letter from your AD to the NCAA regarding the use of your offensive( :silly: ) mascot was posted and received great praise.

Are the Sioux looking to go I-AA? What is their progress in this regard, and what will they have to do to join? I admit I don't know much about your program or your fan base. We would love to host you at Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula and hopefully return the favor someday.

Thanks for letting us know about the discussion at anygivensaturday.com.

There is a lot of talk about possibly going DI-AA. There is a separate forum here discussing pros and cons. A study of proper classification was completed and a report sent to President Kupchella (who wrote the great letter, not our AD). UND has until July 1 to declare for this year. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a decision one way or the other as early as this week. One of the sticking points is conference affiliation (or lack of). But, if UND does go DI-AA it would be great to have UND play both of the Montana schools either home or away. Keep checking back here and you will find out soon whether UND is going to join you in I-AA.