SiouxSports.com Forum

how much hockey can you stand?

YaneA

They went with the good ol' stand-by name, "Malpractice Cup," after all. I have been entrusted with the Cup and will bring it to the Sunday game, provided I can find a pair of white gloves, like that guy that safekeeps Lord Stanley's.

And the Med School cried, "No mas!"

The Law School won the soon-to-be storied Malpractice Cup yesterday afternoon after the rough justice its team dispensed convinced the Med School team that enough was enough. What was billed as best-of-three (trust doctors and lawyers to screw up the billing!) was shortened to best of two when the Med School pulled the plug on the series, saying it didn't want to play another game. With a tournament record of 1-0-1, the Law School claimed the hardware before a Purpur Arena partisan crowd that numbered in the double digits.

Saturday's game one ended abruptly in a 7-7 tie in OT when the referee called the game on account of a fight that broke out behind the play. Law had stormed back from a 5-1 deficit, grabbed the lead, lost it and then sent the game to the extra session with a tying goal that just beat the clock. In Sunday's finale, Law surfed to victory, hanging 10 on the Med School's goalie and taking the Cup by a decisive 10-7 tally. After the game, the jubilant J.D.s posed on the ice with the Holy Grail of UND professional school sports.

Further your sudo-reporter sayeth not.

And the Med School cried, "No mas!"

The Law School won the soon-to-be storied Malpractice Cup yesterday afternoon after the rough justice its team dispensed convinced the Med School team that enough was enough. What was billed as best-of-three (trust doctors and lawyers to screw up the billing!) was shortened to best of two when the Med School pulled the plug on the series, saying it didn't want to play another game. With a tournament record of 1-0-1, the Law School claimed the hardware before a Purpur Arena partisan crowd that numbered in the double digits.

Saturday's game one ended abruptly in a 7-7 tie in OT when the referee called the game on account of a fight that broke out behind the play. Law had stormed back from a 5-1 deficit, grabbed the lead, lost it and then sent the game to the extra session with a tying goal that just beat the clock. In Sunday's finale, Law surfed to victory, hanging 10 on the Med School's goalie and taking the Cup by a decisive 10-7 tally. After the game, the jubilant J.D.s posed on the ice with the Holy Grail of UND professional school sports.

Further your sudo-reporter sayeth not.

You would think those soon to be Doctors would have better temperments. Last year the only fights we had were against the med school. Who was involved in said fight from the law school? I am hoping it was a certain 6-3 250lb Canadian law student who seriously smacked down some cocky future MD.

jloos:

I PM'd you with the inside scoop.

You would think those soon to be Doctors would have better temperments. Last year the only fights we had were against the med school. Who was involved in said fight from the law school? I am hoping it was a certain 6-3 250lb Canadian law student who seriously smacked down some cocky future MD.