SiouxSports.com Forum

FINAL PAIRWISE PROJECTIONS

AZSIOUX

they sure bunched up conference foes with 4 wcha teams in only 2 regionals with the same for hockey east teams. funny..i sure hope it doesn't end up like this.ccha is spread out a bit..hmmmm

tomorrow we will know for real...tourney selection show at 10 am g-forks time on espn2

http://www.uscho.com/pdf/general/2006bracket.pdf

they sure bunched up conference foes with 4 wcha teams in only 2 regionals with the same for hockey east teams. funny..i sure hope it doesn't end up like this.ccha is spread out a bit..hmmmm

tomorrow we will know for real...tourney selection show at 10 am g-forks time on espn2

http://www.uscho.com/pdf/general/2006bracket.pdf

Wodon from collegehockeynews.com:

Midwest (Green Bay)

1. Wisconsin vs. 16. Bemidji St.

8. Cornell vs. 9. Michigan

West (Grand Forks)

2. Minnesota vs. 15. Holy Cross

7. North Dakota vs. 11. BC

Northeast (Worcester)

3. BU vs. 14. Neb.-Omaha

6. Miami vs. 10. CC

East (Albany)

4. Michigan State vs. 13. UNH

5. Harvard vs. 12. Maine

Can't be having the best teams in the nation face off in the Finals now, can we!

In all honesty (and after having watched about 30 hours of hockey in the past few days) I would say that the best teams (potential in toto, not just recent play) are as follows:

1) Minnesota

2) Boston U.

3T) Wisconsin

3T) Michigan State

3T) UND

6) New Hampshire

7) Boston College

8) Michigan

Miami, despite having a good record against some good teams, does not impress me (insert "Anyone can beat anyone on any given night" quote here) as much as the others. And, I waffled a bit on putting Minnesota ahead of Boston U. Does anyone else remember that last time Boston U. and UND won their conference championships in the same year? 1997 baby!!!

According to many HEA followers, BU is having a GREAT year, and obviously finished strong. I think they are the team to beat. They apparently are playing really good hockey now.

Depending on strength of regional, you have to like UND, UMN, BU, MSU, and I think UW might turn it up too. Honestly, the gophs better turn it on QUICK if they want to be included...but then again with the dynamic ND duo anything's possible. :lol: