SiouxSports.com Forum

It's Official

pirate

It is official, according to Head Football Coach, Dale Lennon. This year is a time of restructuring and evaluation for the football team. Something I think we all saw coming following the Klosterman injury, the Miller injury and loss to scstate. With the one remaing conference game and the off season coming up we will get to see who will be left standing for next years team. On a sidebar regarding the Augie game, an incredible game statistic. Yards penalized: UND 65; Augie "0". That's zero, ziltch, nada, bupkis, nothing. Hmmm,.

Earlier in the season I thought it was the lackluster offense that was preventing the Sioux from being good. Now that the offense has starting putting points on the board, it's actually the defense and special teams that are poor. While I realize that turnovers by the offense and special teams have put the defense in some bad situations, I can't believe the usually stout UND defense has managed to allow 36 and 38 points the past two weeks to two offenses that would have to be classified as somewhere between mediocre and poor. I don't know if it's the line, the linebackers, the secondary or a combination of all of them, but major improvements have to be made next season.