SiouxSports.com Forum

The race for the 5th and 1st spot in the WCHA

dj_hoime

I think because UND has 2 "extra" games, they will get 5th. I just don't know about this team, they could sweep Wisco and then get beat by SCSU. It is so hard to tell. I hope we can win the first round of the WCHA playoffs and end up at the Final Five, I have my package deal and am counting on seeing the sioux at the X. I am not sure if they will make it.

In Alaska on Saturday we had possesion of the puck what seemed like 40 out of the 60 minites and had 2 goals. we definetly need goals. If we score 5 or more we will win, but you can have the best defence in the country and still be losing half your games because of averaging 2 goals a game.

The Alaska series is a perfect example

If we lose to SCSU Then our seson is down the drain cause its to late then to turn it around going into the playoffs playing a Duluth squad who looks like is turning into a high caliber team with the explosion in Denver.

In Alaska on Saturday we had possesion of the puck what seemed like 40 out of the 60 minites and had 2 goals. we definetly need goals. If we score 5 or more we will win, but you can have the best defence in the country and still be losing half your games because of averaging 2 goals a game.

The Alaska series is a perfect example

If we lose to SCSU Then our seson is down the drain cause its to late then to turn it around going into the playoffs playing a Duluth squad who looks like is turning into a high caliber team with the explosion in Denver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slow down there, buddy. The 'Dogs looked like a high caliber team after they played CC, and then sucked hardcore against Tech. So you will have no idea what Duluth team you're getting until the playoff series is over. No Duluth lead is ever safe (see Friday night's game).

I've pretty much lost all hope for 5th place. I am just hoping for a split with Wisco, but even if we sweep, the Sioux would have to get only 3 of 8 points the next two weekends. As for the Beavers series I hope the Dogs can finally learn to take this team seriously...

If Wisconsin sweeps UND and UMD will they be WCHA champions? Or will CC take it with a sweep at Denver? 

???  ;)  :lol: I need to go with CC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No you got it all wrong, Minnesota already won the league back in November. :)

CC has 38 points with a possible 4 more with two games left with Denver.

UW has 33 points with a possible 8 more with four games left with UND & UMD.

With the five point lead if CC sweeps Denver they would be outright champs no matter what happens to Wisconsin.

Denver has the better chance with 36 points and two games in hand. Two in Mankato and a home and home with CC.