SiouxSports.com Forum

P.O.'d in G.F.

Reggie Dunlap

The sad thing is, the top half of 307 and 310 were completely empty both Friday and Saturday nights, and there was some space in 108, 109, 308, and 309.  :silly:

"Cookie recipe" fans are just as bad as empty student seats in my world: Neither make useful noise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think another discussion on student tickets would be very productive :lol: I for one cannot see how any student would pay money (yes even $6) to be harassed and threatened for 2 1/2 hours.

There are fans, like siouxtatoo's dad, who will choose not to come to a game because it's just depressing.

Depressing is the only word I can think of which describes the crap atmosphere this weekend. Unless UND is scoring, there is absolute silence. Each individual person is planted in their seat, and not making noise. Actually, that in itself is kind of intimidating, knowing that if these people got up and cheered they could tear the roof off that place.

I'm sure Alaska was relieved that they were playing during that.

I will always come to the games if I can help it, but I know there are others who miss the cheering so much that they won't come. Hence the empty seats.

Hockey is by far my favorite sport, but football basketball and others have fans that are soooo much more vocal. It's interesting that the move to the Alerus had nowhere near the effect on fans as the move to the Ralph. Football fans are loud as ever.