SiouxSports.com Forum

An apology to Steve Johnson

PCM

A few weeks ago when there was talk on this board about who would be hired as the new Sioux assistant coach, I repeated a rumor I'd heard about Steve Johnson not having his degree, which was a requirement for the job. That rumor was not true. Steve finished his degree while serving as an assistant coach at UND.

I owe Steve an apology for spreading that misinformation. I've learned my lesson.

A few weeks ago when there was talk on this board about who would be hired as the new Sioux assistant coach, I repeated a rumor I'd heard about Steve Johnson not having his degree, which was a requirement for the job. That rumor was not true. Steve finished his degree while serving as an assistant coach at UND.

I owe Steve an apology for spreading that misinformation. I've learned my lesson.

Pat,

I appreciate you clearing that up. When I heard that SJ might not have fulfilled the education component required for the job I was confused as to why he would even apply.

So thanks for the retraction. It takes bigger you-know-whats to issue a public apology than to bury the truth just to save face.