SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Cities Lacrosse Club

I am working on launching the Grand Cities Lacrosse Club with hopes of playing in the Minnesota Boys Scholastic Lacrosse Association North Division in the spring of 2012. Early projections are to field teams at the 7/8 grade level, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. This club is open to players and their families from Grand Forks, East Grand Forks and any surrounding community where there is a kid that wants to be part of it.

I will have more information to release in the next two weeks or so as I get more details settled but we are looking to so some clinics over the summer and fall to help spread the awareness of the sport in town so that we have the numbers we will need in the spring to field teams in those three levels.

If you have any questions, want to get on the mailing list to receive more information, want to play, coach or officiate, please send your questions, comments, commitments to Grand.Cities.Lacrosse@gmail.com.

You can also check out these websites for more information:

Grand Cities Lacrosse on Facebook

Minnesota Boys Scholastic Lacrosse Association

Northern Lights Lacrosse Blog

Fargo Warriors Website

Fargo Warriors Lacrosse on Facebook

• 1 month later...

The new Grand Cities Lacrosse Club website is now on-line! Still some content to get squared away but it is ready to accept registrations for the Lacrosse Familiarization Clinic that will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays in July, starting on the 7th at Lions Park on 17th in Grand Forks. $50 and players that will be in grades 6-12 this fall can learn the basics of lacrosse. Registration fee will include a new lacrosse stick for the player to keep. Hockey protective gear is acceptable (helmet with facemask, shoulder pads, elbow pads, and gloves)

Check out the new websites and register at: www.grandcitieslacrosse.org

For questions, e-mail: grand.cities.lacrosse@gmail.com

• 9 months later...

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/lacrosse/post/_/id/4612/around-the-crease-march-21-2012

Around the Crease: March 21, 2012

March, 22, 2012

By Lem Satterfield

ESPNHS continues its weekly feature, Around the Crease, which takes a look at players, teams and high school lacrosse news from around the country.

No Distance Too Far

How far will one team go to play lacrosse?

If the team is the Grand Cities Predators, then more than 1,250 miles this season.

http://espn.go.com/b...e-march-21-2012

Around the Crease: March 21, 2012

March, 22, 2012

By Lem Satterfield

ESPNHS continues its weekly feature, Around the Crease, which takes a look at players, teams and high school lacrosse news from around the country.

No Distance Too Far

How far will one team go to play lacrosse?

If the team is the Grand Cities Predators, then more than 1,250 miles this season.

Awesome. I hope their first season goes great. Despite never having played it, I'm a huge fan of lacrosse and would love to see it expand in North Dakota. Between GF and Fargo having teams, it looks like it might be moving in that direction.