SiouxSports.com Forum

Bad Refs

BigDrizzle40

Who is the worse Ref?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the worse Ref?

• Anderson
    • Sheppard

I'd love it if Fraser, Bill McCreary, Dan O'Halloran, etc...would ref the WCHA. I have yet to see a horribly inconsistant ref in the NHL.

Campion and Randy Schmidt are the most consistant in the WCHA. I think Adam has gotten a twinge better, but he still is very incosistant. Derek Shephard is one of the worst I've ever seen. Mike Schmitt too.

WPoS hit it perfectly, consistancy is all I ask for. They need to let the guys play too. Not blow a whistle every 2 minutes becasue you get off on calling penalties and getting the fans pissed off at you (Anderson had a smirk on his face as we were...ahem...letting him know of our displeasure on the way he was calling the game).

Campion did a really good job. I would have to say he's the best in the WCHA. Every penalty he called when he did the UW vs UND game, upon replay was indeed a penalty. Maybe he had a good game for those two games, but it seemed to be tha he had good eyes and he made good decisions.

As for Greg Shepherd, I reserve comment on his personal reffing abilities because I've never personally watched one of his games to my knowledge. As to his leadership, being the head ref of the WCHA, Iwould have replaced him a long time ago.

Part of management is standing up for the quality of your underlings. That much he does and does vehemently. However, a large part of his job in that position is to ensure that the refs are striving to improve and work themselves into a better and more professional caliber officiating performnce. So far, he's failed in this job. Maybe money has a part in it, but it doesn't have everything to do with it. Paul Kariya took a 2 mil a year pay cut to sign with the Avs. North Dakota schools test higher in standardized tests and ACT/SAT scores on average than all but 4 states in the nation yet boast the 49th best in pay scale for teachers. Money isn't everything.

One note about Campion, if he evolves to be too good of a ref, I'm sure he'll go to the AHL or NHL and leave the conference without a decent ref.

My two cents

I agree on Campion, not a bad ref in my book. I also agree he will be gone long before we get good time out of him.

As for Greg, he does stand up for his guys, but as a head ref, give me a break. I challenge anyone out there to find me a game where he didn't screw up horribly for one of the teams. Promoting him may have took him directly out of games, but he still leaves his mark with below average skills in his ranks...

Maybe this thread should have been about the BEST ref in the league?!?!

WPoS