SiouxSports.com Forum

State of UND Mens' Basketball

knowledge

Here is my biggest problem. Jones has showed that the Princeton offense can work. Last year we played Texas A&M fairly close and after the game the A&M coaches said it wasn't a great game for them as our offense didn't suit their usual gameplan. Thats what the princeton is supposed to do. Neutralize talent gaps. And last year it did a decent job of it (close against A&M, win against UMKC, etc.). However, the offense this year is not the princeton. I have no idea what it is, but there is no excuse for scoring 11 points in a half, etc. Let them play a run and gun and I'll guarantee they break 20 in the first half at least. I just can not understand why this team looks so bad this year when they looked semi-decent last year.

Last year we had Daniel Harkins running the point. He was a great decision maker and could create for himself as well as others. We also had Darius Joseph who was at least an athlete and could move with the guys he lined up against. There isn't a single player on this years' team who can match either of their athletic abilities. The biggest reason we aren't competitive this year is because we don't have anyone on the floor who can handle the defensive intensity that teams play at this level. Last year we had Hark who could handle it. I don't think that finding guys of their skill set should be impossible for a DI school......but right now we don't have anyone even close.

Last year we had Daniel Harkins running the point. He was a great decision maker and could create for himself as well as others. We also had Darius Joseph who was at least an athlete and could move with the guys he lined up against. There isn't a single player on this years' team who can match either of their athletic abilities. The biggest reason we aren't competitive this year is because we don't have anyone on the floor who can handle the defensive intensity that teams play at this level. Last year we had Hark who could handle it. I don't think that finding guys of their skill set should be impossible for a DI school......but right now we don't have anyone even close.

I think they should be able to find a JC player that would fit that role. I can understand the kids they are recruiting out of high school have potential but are a little raw. But I think they need to get some JC transfers to help with athleticism. A balance between the two may be needed for a couple of years to build a base for the program.