SiouxSports.com Forum

Free To Air Satellite

Squirrel

Living in Forest Lake, don't want to get cable or dish. Anyone know any Free to Air dish companies in the Minneapolis area I could talk to to see what I need to get started, and is it worth starting as they have recently gone to the digital signal transmissions? Thanks.

This is my first year with my free to air, and so far it's worked great. The picture is great, I'm very happy so far. Better picture and I don't have to pay for a sports pack. Well worth it.

Oh, I used PSB, Pete was great to work with and did a great job!

If I were just starting, I'd get the motorized traxis 4000 with the easyfind lnb (323 shipped) or, if you just want to point at one satellite, the same system without the motor (249 shipped). You'll see both at the top of the list on the web site listed above by remington. Of course Forest Lake is probably near enough the TC to have Pete do the install if squirrel wants.

The traxis 3500 systems, both motorized and fixed, work just as well, but, if you're doing it yourself, having the easypoint system looks like it would make things much easier (no TV or stb needed out in your yard or on your roof to point, or, worse yet, trying to point while talking to a second person on the phone inside your house watching the screen and relaying you info as you move your dish, which, I can tell you from personal experience, is a pita).

Step by step instrucions for setting up an easyfind system.

And, btw squirrel, the FTA receivers are digital, no extra box needed for getting the FTA channels, as is the case, if you don't have a TV with a digital tuner, with off air digital signals (= local broadcast that you can get with a normal antenna or rabbit ears).