SiouxSports.com Forum

For those of you going to the game at NJIT

JESUS,family,rutgers

For those of you coming to the New Jersey/New York City area for the Sioux basketball game against the New Jersey Institute of Technology this Winter,here is some info. and websites that should be helpful. Newark Liberty Airport is about ten miles from the NJIT campus which is about one mile from downtown Newark. You should give yourself AT LEAST one hour due to traffic. If you are looking for reasonable hotel prices,the town of Parsippany is only about 30 minutes from the campus and has a wide variety. Newark has a very nice museum,two concert halls--Newark Symphony Hall and NJPAC, and the Prudential Center which is where the New Jersey Devils(including Zajac and Parise) play. PLEASE be careful about where you walk around the city--it is not Grand Forks,but it is not as bad as it was in the 60's. Maybe Minneapolis and Saint Paul have some rough areas too. Just be smart and alert and you should be fine. The follwowing are some websites with more information--

www.njit.edu

www.njithighlanders.com

www.vistnj.org

www.newjerseybeautiful.com

www.aboutnewjersey.com

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you coming to the New Jersey/New York City area for the Sioux basketball game against the New Jersey Institute of Technology this Winter,here is some info. and websites that should be helpful. Newark Liberty Airport is about ten miles from the NJIT campus which is about one mile from downtown Newark. You should give yourself AT LEAST one hour due to traffic. If you are looking for reasonable hotel prices,the town of Parsippany is only about 30 minutes from the campus and has a wide variety. Newark has a very nice museum,two concert halls--Newark Symphony Hall and NJPAC, and the Prudential Center which is where the New Jersey Devils(including Zajac and Parise) play. PLEASE be careful about where you walk around the city--it is not Grand Forks,but it is not as bad as it was in the 60's. Maybe Minneapolis and Saint Paul have some rough areas too. Just be smart and alert and you should be fine. The follwowing are some websites with more information--

www.njit.edu

www.njithighlanders.com

www.vistnj.org

www.newjerseybeautiful.com

www.aboutnewjersey.com

Looking forward to the trip in February, haven't booked flight yet, planning on taking a few extra days and see the city. Does the train go from that area down into the city or do we need to find a hotel down in the city.

I almost never fly,but I know there are shuttle busses to both downtown Newark and New York City from Newark Liberty International Airport.Trains go between downtown Newark(right by the Prudential Center--New Jersey Devils Arena) and Manhattan,NYC.

A few transportation sites to check out---

www.airtrainnewark.com

www.njtransit.com

www.amtrak.com

www.panynj.gov

Wish I could tell you more,but I am not a big city/mass transit guy. I probably belong in North Dakota more than the Northeast!!!