SiouxSports.com Forum

travel weather warning

wsdSIOUXfalls

Tues P.M. weather forcasts are saying a potentially big system is brewing that will move from the SW to the NE across SD Wed night into Thursday. They're predicting 6" - 10" of heavy wet snow coming out of western Nebraska & eastern Wyoming. Travel safely, all you Sioux fans, and perhaps consider going as far South as Omaha on I-29 before heading West on I-80. For what they're predicting now, that might be your best bet for staying South and East of the potential storm. We need you all in Denver to cheer on our UND FIGHTING SIOUX !

After looking at The National Weather Service website it also looks like if you take US85 south to Spearfish, SD then I90 over to Sundance, WY and south may avoid the majority of the storm also, at the very least catch the western part of it. I'm expecting to hit some rain on the way down, but not enough to slow us down at all.

We are leaving between 5-6a from Devils Lake and plan on hitting Denver about 6p local time. Any ideas on rush hour traffic in Denver?

After looking at The National Weather Service website it also looks like if you take US85 south to Spearfish, SD then I90 over to Sundance, WY and south may avoid the majority of the storm also, at the very least catch the western part of it. I'm expecting to hit some rain on the way down, but not enough to slow us down at all.

We are leaving between 5-6a from Devils Lake and plan on hitting Denver about 6p local time. Any ideas on rush hour traffic in Denver?

probably crappy like all big cities :lol:

probably crappy like all big cities :lol:

Denver traffic sucks b@lls in the afternoon. With everyone staying downtown you can't even use bypass to avoid any of it. If you are coming in from the north in the afternoon it should be better than coming from the south. Unless there is a game downtown, then everyone is going to suffer.