SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

For those of else who are searching for names that haven't been submitted, here are some fresh ideas:
•Hounds
•Jaegers (German for hunter)
•Gray Wolves
•Bombardiers
•Drakes
•Canines
•Kingbirds
•Woodcocks (Just for you gfhockey)
•Snows (geese)
•Harriers
•Coopers

Cant remember if anyone has thought of this, cool name for the meaning but i dont think a logo would look to tough. Hows The Green Berets sound. Only the elite make it! Dont think id use it but the meaning seems cool

you have to remember to people like pres kelly and the cal-berkley crew is that the us military is the enemy and the green berets are baby killers...

you have to remember to people like pres kelly and the cal-berkley crew is that the us military is the enemy and the green berets are baby killers...

Yeah and 47 Republicans should be hanged for treason for undermining the President's nuclear negotiations with Iran. http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03/12/the-differences-between-the-47-gop-senators-ira/202872

Republicans think the United States is the enemy, obviously.

I think this is the best idea yet...

From anygivensaturday:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by GABison viewpost-right.png
Flyers

In consideration of their top notch aviation school, the local Grand Forks Air Force Base and, when you say it, you think of hockey.

I haven't commented much on this topic, but I submitted my idea today as well as many others will.  I have enjoyed all of the ideas I've seen on this board, but mine was different than any on here.  I suggested Green Machine.  My rationale was that it ties in our engineering program with the history of railroads in ND.  Could be a cool Soo Liner logo associated with the name as well, similar to the Purdue Boilermakers, which would integrate the memory of the old nickname a little bit as well.  May be dumb to some people, but I thought I would share.

Not dumb IMO.  The Cin Reds pro baseball teams, especially in the 70s when they won at least two WS, were unofficially known as the Big Red Machine (T Perez, G Foster, P Rose, J Bench, J Morgan, C Geronimo, D Conception,...).

I haven't commented much on this topic, but I submitted my idea today as well as many others will.  I have enjoyed all of the ideas I've seen on this board, but mine was different than any on here.  I suggested Green Machine.  My rationale was that it ties in our engineering program with the history of railroads in ND.  Could be a cool Soo Liner logo associated with the name as well, similar to the Purdue Boilermakers, which would integrate the memory of the old nickname a little bit as well.  May be dumb to some people, but I thought I would share.

Reminds me of the Burt Reynolds movie "The Longest Yard" back in the '70s ... Mean Machine. ?

We went to the Naval Aviation Museum yesterday and I saw a couple of ideas. Ghostriders, which we talked about a couple of years ago and Intruders, which is one we hadn't talked about. The intruder plane would make a pretty cool logo, too.

I like the Ghost Riders idea. There's one out front of REA already.