SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Roughriders?

RD17

Time for all the Nodakers to rally around the second most popular choice, the Roughriders, to knock off Fighting Hawks.

Flickertail State, Sioux State, Roughrider State: Keep the tradition going at The University of North Dakota.

That is the honorable thing to do, after the process was run roughshod by Kelley.

Can we get a wild unbroken horse to ride him out of town?

• Upvote 3

It sure would have been nice if at the end of the Boston University game last year at the Frozen Four if someone had said you came back just about all the way and were so close we decided to give you an extra 5 minutes to try and catch up.  You simply can't change the rules at the last second.  This isn't a dictatorship!

Time for all the Nodakers to rally around the second most popular choice, the Roughriders, to knock off Fighting Hawks.

Flickertail State, Sioux State, Roughrider State: Keep the tradition going at The University of North Dakota.

I agree....we need to promote it...it's the best one out of the top two (my personal 1st choice).  I saw friends of mine promoting Nodaks on FB all week.  I'm for Riders all the way!

Anyone want to chip in for a gofundme campaign for a ad in the Herald supporting Roughriders?

I would chip in, definitely.  Maybe take an ad out in the Dakota Student explaining why Roughriders represents the state.  If we were there Fighting Hawks, that would take years of education to know where we were from.

Edited by SiouxVolley
  • Upvote 2

I would chip in, definitely.  Maybe take an additional out in the Dakota Student explaining why Roughriders represents the state.  If we were there Fighting Hawks, that would take years of education to know where we were from.

that would be even more effective than herald I think. If anyone actually reads the DS

I would chip in, definitely.  Maybe take an additional out in the Dakota Student explaining why Roughriders represents the state.  If we were there Fighting Hawks, that would take years of education to know where we were from.

Good point, a lot of students are from out of state and had probably never really heard of Roughriders before.

It sure would have been nice if at the end of the Boston University game last year at the Frozen Four if someone had said you came back just about all the way and were so close we decided to give you an extra 5 minutes to try and catch up.  You simply can't change the rules at the last second.  This isn't a dictatorship!

it's not a hockey game either.  As president of the university, he owns the process and will take the credit and the criticism. It's his call and his process to change as many times as he wants. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

it's not a hockey game either.  As president of the university, he owns the process and will take the credit and the criticism. It's his call and his process to change as many times as he wants. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

So KElley changes the rules in midstream.  We all knew that.

The sooner he is gone, the better UND will be.

• Upvote 1

So KElley changes the rules in midstream.  We all knew that.

The sooner he is gone, the better UND will be.

They were his "rules" to change. I put rules in quotes because everyone is using it in that context. They aren't rules ; they are a recommended process that a committee came up with and forwarded to Kelley to do with as he saw fit. They were not "rules." If we were president we could make other decisions but we are not, but then again, we don't have to worry about having our name and  reputation dragged and ripped apart in public either-- thank goodness. We get to do our critiquing anonymously. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe they need to hire another consultant to see how to mend all of the fences being broken.  The Grand Forks Herald told us long before we hired a consultant what our name would consist of, and sure enough, the consultant along with Kelley ran roughshod over this process to give us what the Herald said we would be all along.  Congratulations on being the 400th bird name!  Really used all that criteria we were told for providing suggestions, that they had no plan on using themselves.  Thanks for wasting all of our time and energy in this process while sowing discontent.

The committee recommended it, but Kelley adopted it. 

Kelley changing the process he advertised is not acceptable.

If he wanted to retain control he should have held an advisory vote and said he'd use those results to define the next step. 

Instead, he defined a process and then reneged. 

He lied to me; he lied to all of us. 

Edited by The Sicatoka
  • Upvote 3

A 8.5 x 11 insert in $65 / 1000 inserts.  A run is 3500 papers.  That would be about $240, plus the cost of the insertss.  Could swing it if someone prepares the insert.  Have all three nicknames and a possible logo for each in color.  It's not so much advocating for RR, but more for information.  The insert could be double sided with more RR information on the back.

Have a list of all college Hawk nicknames to show it isn't unique.

Also could have a list of Indian names that were changed to birds.

Edited by SiouxVolley

A 8.5 x 11 insert in $65 / 1000 inserts.  A run is 3500 papers.  That would be about $240, plus the cost of the insertss.  Could swing it if someone prepares the insert.  Have all three nicknames and a possible logo for each in color.  It's not so much advocating for RR, but more for information.  The insert could be double sided with more RR information on the back.

Have a list of all college Hawk nicknames to show it isn't unique.

One week lead time is required minimum for inserts. Cost shown does not include printing.

Half page is 5x8 (size) x $5 + $25 design fee if needed? 

Edited by Cratter