SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

There will be some kids--particularly in ND and northwest Minnesota--that we'll lose to NDSU for a few more years due to the post season issue and the fact that they've gotten some very positive publicity in recent years due to some nice wins. But with Lennon in charge and an additional 21 scholarships (I think) for this recruiting year, I'm not worried in the least.

Yeah, The ONLY reason a recruit would pick NDSU over UND would be because of the lack of a post season. That seems a little bit arrogant to think recruit couldn't possibly like the NDSU coaching staff, school and facilities more than UND's. I think NDSU, with Bohl or Perles or whoever is the head coach will get their share of kids even after UND becomes playoff eligible. And if they play again in 3 or 4 years, I'll go out on a limb and say NDSU will have a chance to be competitive, maybe even have a chance to win. (We can dream can't we?)

By the way, If no recruit could ever turn Coach Lennon down, why has he won only 1 National Championship?

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, The ONLY reason a recruit would pick NDSU over UND would be because of the lack of a post season. That seems a little bit arrogant to think recruit couldn't possibly like the NDSU coaching staff, school and facilities more than UND's. I think NDSU, with Bohl or Perles or whoever is the head coach will get their share of kids even after UND becomes playoff eligible.

Geez, don't get your panties in a bunch. Obviously I was referring to kids like Matt Veldman, Landon Smith and Matt Anderson, who many feel may have gone to UND had all else been equal in terms of scholarship money and post season eligibility. I never insinuated that UND was going to get everybody they want. It stands to reason to think UND may have a good chance at kids with a family history with UND, e.g. Veldman and Smith, or from towns close to GF who have sent a lot of players to UND over the years, e.g. Cavalier or Stephen-Argyle.

By the way, If no recruit could ever turn Coach Lennon down, why has he won only 1 National Championship?

Congratulations--that's one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen posted here. :lol:

No smack intended but when I went down to USD for the game, I stopped at Brookings because I hadn't seen the campus or town. The first time I opened my door, a very foul stench hit me like a bag of bricks. And thats saying something for someone who grew up on a farm. As for the campus, my friends thought it looked like a bunch of army barracks. I don't think any reasonable player would choose SDSU over UND when the stakes are even.

\

It's the same at NDSU. Trust me I go there once a month for work and I have to go in the belly of this campus. And I grew up on a farm but the last thing I want in college is something to remind me of cleaning manure from the barns every second I walk to class. I've played at SDSU also and the campus is a mirror of NDSU. No disrespect but those two schools are Ag related and with that comes barns and the smell. Coach Lennon is heads above all three schools (NDSU.SDSU and USD) when it comes to a class act. And I know the Yellow lovers will bash me for this but it is the truth. Lennon with 63 full will be almost unfair!

\

It's the same at NDSU. Trust me I go there once a month for work and I have to go in the belly of this campus. And I grew up on a farm but the last thing I want in college is something to remind me of cleaning manure from the barns every second I walk to class. I've played at SDSU also and the campus is a mirror of NDSU. No disrespect but those two schools are Ag related and with that comes barns and the smell. Coach Lennon is heads above all three schools (NDSU.SDSU and USD) when it comes to a class act. And I know the Yellow lovers will bash me for this but it is the truth. Lennon with 63 full will be almost unfair!

Bash you - why? - we always take it easy on special needs people!

It sounds like this kid is very talented - with nice size!

My Dad told this fall in over 60 years of watching high school football he has never seen a better quarterback in Seth Nichols. Got it all in terms of size, speed and arm strength. And the best RB he's ever seen is Johannsen of Lakota but he says his weight might go against him. He also stated that Johannesen might well be the best athlete Lakota has ever had. And says he's better than Rick Helling. Sorry Fargo Shanley but Rick is a "true Lakota" boy.

My Dad told this fall in over 60 years of watching high school football he has never seen a better quarterback in Seth Nichols. Got it all in terms of size, speed and arm strength. And the best RB he's ever seen is Johannsen of Lakota but he says his weight might go against him. He also stated that Johannesen might well be the best athlete Lakota has ever had. And says he's better than Rick Helling. Sorry Fargo Shanley but Rick is a "true Lakota" boy.

I second that. I have played against both and I can tell you that they are both very special players. Either school would be lucky to get Seth he is a great quarterback. I would also have to agree that Johannsen might have a little trouble with weight but the kid can flat out run.

lol, usually I'm bashing Velcro Tech but let's be honest. UND smells better than Sheep State! And that goes for South Velcro Tech also! :lol:

I remember plenty of UND students complaining every spring of the stench coming from rotted potatoes. Not to mention the disgusting smell of "money" eminating from the Crystal Sugar plant year 'round. Not to mention the lovely backdrop that those two facilities, and I suppose you can include the state mill in this, provide the landscape of the north side. I spent too much time on both campuses, and they both have their warts.

Brandon Hirneise (Scottsdale, AZ)

Easily one of Arizona's most productive wide receivers this year has been Brandon Hirneise from Notre Dame Prep (Scottsdale, AZ).

On the year Hirneise (6-1 175) has been stellar, catching 63 balls for 1406 yards and 22 touchdowns but still does not hold an offer.

He is getting his senior highlight out now and is hearing from Air Force, Army, Columbia, Penn, Yale, North Dakota, Northern Arizona and Fresno State.

Wisconsin Sports

FB/LB Tyrell Rosemeyer (6-0, 222), Sr., An honorable-mention all-state and Conference Defensive Player of the Year selection as a junior, Tyrell Rosemeyer was expected to be one of the state's top players th

According to Coach Rosemeyer, the University of North Dakota has offered a scholarship and the University of Wisconsin has given a preferred walk-on invitation to the star linebacker.

In addition, phone calls and/or tape requests have been placed by South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Western Illinois, Holy Cross and Ball State.

Taken unofficial visits to North and South Dakota, Wisconsin and Western Illinois, Coach Rosemeyer said.

Unofficial visit to South Dakota State a couple weeks ago, he added.

As for which way his star linebacker is leaning Coach Rosemeyer said, I think Tyrell is leaning towards Wisconsin, but is still willing to listen to offers.

\

Much more than 90% of this board.

NDSU does not smell like a barn. What are you two years old? I go to NDSU for engineering and the only Ag buildings are way out by the airport. Ag is a very small portion of the school now. That's why they changed the name to the Bison, oh 80 years ago.

BTW... I think you forget that most farmers make a s&!t load of money. My grand father farmed for 60 years and retired a multi millionaire. He made a hell of a lot more than air traffic controllers do.

NDSU does not smell like a barn. What are you two years old? I go to NDSU for engineering and the only Ag buildings are way out by the airport. Ag is a very small portion of the school now. That's why they changed the name to the Bison, oh 80 years ago.

Your right, there are alot more successful farmers out there today than doctors, pilots,entreprenuers and lawyers. :D

BTW... I think you forget that most farmers make a s&!t load of money. My grand father farmed for 60 years and retired a multi millionaire. He made a hell of a lot more than air traffic controllers do.

You may not believe him but a lot of farmers do make a ton of money. It depends somewhat on where they farm, how much land, and what they grow.

I'm a farmer. Some farmers do very well, others (probably most) either don't or just get by. Most farmers don't choose the profession to make money, they choose it for the lifestyle. The majority of farmers in this region are "land rich" and "cash poor".

I'm a farmer. Some farmers do very well, others (probably most) either don't or just get by. Most farmers don't choose the profession to make money, they choose it for the lifestyle. The majority of farmers in this region are "land rich" and "cash poor".

I have several friends and relatives that do very well for themselves, one of them likes the lifestyle so much you almost have to drag him away to get him to go anywhere.

And what, exactly, do American Crystal Sugar, Simplot and RDO Foods do for Grand Forks? Fill the air with perfume? :D

Same perfume American Crystal in Moorhead plus an east wind gives NDSU.

Then again, any north wind brings the Fargo lagoons to NDSU.

And any west wind brings the double-bonus: The NDSU Animal Research Farms and the Fargo City Dump*.

There are "rich aromas" everywhere and for everyone. :D

* Why does Fargo still have it's dump along two major streets (45th and 7th) and in the middle of the west half of the city plus West Fargo?

One thing was made abundantly clear in the past two weeks--you can never have too many quality running backs. Even though Chappell has two years to go, and both Murray and Solum were brought in this past year, I think it's imperative to bring in a couple more good backs in this recruiting class. I wonder if Brady will be back next year?

One thing was made abundantly clear in the past two weeks--you can never have too many quality running backs. Even though Chappell has two years to go, and both Murray and Solum were brought in this past year, I think it's imperative to bring in a couple more good backs in this recruiting class. I wonder if Brady will be back next year?

I don't know, I would say the best he could end up is 3rd on the depth chart. Chappel is Chappel and Murry IMO is actually a better overall RB than Chappel but doesn't have that same scarey explosiveness.

I'm for a bigger stronger d-line and inside backers. Need more of the Scott Schultz's and Callahan's on the d-line. As for inside backer we need to find another Digger or Travis O'Neal.

There were a number of linebackers red-shirting this year, including this kid who could be a good one, so hopefully one or more of them will be ready to play next year. We definitely could use a big nose guard in the Callahan/Schultz/Wolff mode.