SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's next Athletic Director

so.cal.sioux

WDAZ said UND has offered the job to a person. Didnt say if it was an applicant or not just said he would be in office by may 1st to get the deal doen with alerus and und football. one could only speculate who this would be since it has been 2 weeks since finalstst were named.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WDAZ said UND has offered the job to a person. Didnt say if it was an applicant or not just said he would be in office by may 1st to get the deal doen with alerus and und football. one could only speculate who this would be since it has been 2 weeks since finalstst were named.

What's up with all the secrecy in Sioux land? Little or no reporting on the fb team (progress, injuries). If WDAZ accounced a job was offered great but to who? The sports media in gf is so cowered by UND that's it not funny.

What's up with all the secrecy in Sioux land? Little or no reporting on the fb team (progress, injuries). If WDAZ accounced a job was offered great but to who? The sports media in gf is so cowered by UND that's it not funny.

Thank you for your concern. UND has taken note and will seek to pacify you at their earliest convenience.

I don't believe hockey experience, or lack there of, is a major player in the search for UND's new AD. College athletics, in my experience and opinion, does not change that much from football to basketball to volleyball to hockey. Sure the sports couldn't be more different but the management and administration of the programs are the same.

That being said, not all programs get the same attention from administration, nor should they. I think UND administration should pay more attention to their "non-revenue" sports but the fact remains the hockeys, basketballs and football will receive the majority of the attention.

A good AD would understand all of this as it is common sense within college athletics.

Limiting the search to applicants who have experience with NCAA hockey would limit the field to candidates from only about 50 some schools, the majority of which would come from University's that have nothing in common with UND or Division I institutions.

Limiting the search to applicants who have experience with NCAA hockey would limit the field to candidates from only about 50 some schools, the majority of which would come from University's that have nothing in common with UND or Division I institutions.

I don't believe it was ever insinuated that the search be limited in such a way, but it may have warranted being a "preferred" qualification--just as coaching experience was. But it's now a moot point. Bringing it up at all was simply my none-too-subtle way of backing a Rob Bollinger candidacy...

• 4 weeks later...

[off topic]

UNI: Wanless knows pressure of competition - www.desmoinesregister.com

It looks like former UND AD Wanless is wanting to leave a struggling Sac St...

Wanless acknowledged that seven of the 20 teams he oversees at Sacramento State - the most of any school in the nation - were deemed as not meeting NCAA academic standards in the governing organization's latest report.

[/off topic]

• 3 weeks later...
[off topic]

UNI: Wanless knows pressure of competition - www.desmoinesregister.com

It looks like former UND AD Wanless is wanting to leave a struggling Sac St...

[/off topic]

[off topic]

UNI hires Union's Dannen to be new athletic director - www.desmoinesregister.com

It looks like former UND AD Wanless will be staying at a struggling Sac St...

[/off topic]