SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2008 schedule

Yote 53

IIRC...another former NCC school played a NAIA school (Montana Tech) in their first year of DI football. Why can't the Yotes? Would Montana Tech be preferable to Dakota Wesleyan?

BTW...I see 2008 as UND's first opportunity for a GWFC Championship.

I'm sure we will schedule an NAIA. What I am saying is that it won't be an in-state NAIA that is recognizable by the common fan. Montana Tech, sure, fine, the common lay person wouldn't be able to differentiate them from Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech, etc.

IMO there is no GWFC championship on the line next year. There can't be one when all the schools won't even be playing each other and one of the schools won't even have the benefit of a home game. What the conference is now is a scheduling alliance. The conference, for the sake of maintaining some credibility, should put the awarding of a conference title on hiatus in 2008 and resume business in 2009.

What is IIRC? I'm drawing a blank right now.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we will schedule an NAIA. What I am saying is that it won't be an in-state NAIA that is recognizable by the common fan. Montana Tech, sure, fine, the common lay person wouldn't be able to differentiate them from Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech, etc.

IMO there is no GWFC championship on the line next year. There can't be one when all the schools won't even be playing each other and one of the schools won't even have the benefit of a home game. What the conference is now is a scheduling alliance. The conference, for the sake of maintaining some credibility, should put the awarding of a conference title on hiatus in 2008 and resume business in 2009.

"If I recall correctly."

UND may cowboy up and travel to the Danger Dome...again...just to keep everything "fair". And when UND goes 4-0 in conference play they will be the GWFC Champions...case closed.

:lol:

BTW (by the way)...did you really mean "common lay person" or "comatose person"?

UND may cowboy up and travel to the Danger Dome...again...just to keep everything "fair". And when CAL POLY goes 4-0 in conference play they will be the GWFC Champions...case closed.

BTW (by the way)...did you really mean "common lay person" or "comatose person"?

I fixed it for you. :huh:

BTW, I am just having some fun with you SiouxMD. I think that UND is a real threat for the championship next year, but you will have to go through a very tough Cal Poly team and a UC Davis team that will be loaded on offense too. I can not wait for next season and I am really excited about UND and USD joining the GWFC. It looks like UND is hitting some homeruns recruiting this year.

BTW, I am just having some fun with you SiouxMD. I think that UND is a real threat for the championship next year, but you will have to go through a very tough Cal Poly team and a UC Davis team that will be loaded on offense too. I can not wait for next season and I am really excited about UND and USD joining the GWFC. It looks like UND is hitting some homeruns recruiting this year.

Slostang,

Coach Lennon has outlined three goals for next season (SOURCE).

1) 10 Win Season

I understand that you may not be familiar with Coach Lennon so I will cut you some slack...Coach Lennon is second only to Chuck Norris. The only reason is he #2 is because Coach Lennon is against killing...he prefers to maim.

Therefore...if Coach Lennon says we will be the 2008 GWFC Champions then we will be the 2008 GWFC Champions.

Dale Lennon doesn't blow his whistle, he commands the wind to do it for him.

I think we should start a thread of these. :cool:

Those are rumors. No way we play Dakota Wesleyan, no freaking way. Lincoln, I can half believe becasue they are D2 but not Wesleyan. The thing about USD athletics in general is that a lot of what is done inside the athletic dept is not well publicized because the school is not located in a major media market. That is why the prospective USD schedule is not as confirmed as UND's. i'll talk to some people and see what I can find out. I just can't believe that we would make a move up under the guise of playing better competition and then schedule DWU. If we are going to schedule an NAIA it would be a team from out of state so the casual fan here would'nt really know who we are playing and could'nt identify the school from a lineup.

I don't think we are having a whole lot of trouble scheduling quality road games just home games. Such is the transition life.

Frankly, I see 2008 as a throw away year anyways. I am more focused on the road games we schedule and the relationships we build so that we can get some good FCS schools to come here in 2009 and beyond. For 2008 it appears we will play a bunch of patsies at home. That's fine, that way I can get hammered while tailgating and not have to "worry" about losing. Great attitude, huh. Well if we are'nt going to see any exciting games might as well have fun doing it.

Looks like the Yotes will take on the Bobcats in Bozeman...Yote fans should be (relatively) happy about this:

MSU football: JC signing makes QB position a competitive gig - Bozeman Daily Chronicle

The Bobcats have filled out their non-conference schedule for next season, according to associate athletic director Dan Davies. In addition to playing at Minnesota, MSU will host South Dakota and Division II's Western (Colo.) State.

Yeah, we knew about the Mont St game for some time now. We have a really good road schedule, the problem is the home schedule. We can't get anybody to come to Verm.

Look at the rumors. What kind of weird schedule is that where in one year you ar playing UNI and MSU then a few weeks later playing Dakota Wesleyen (rumored, I don't believe it)? That's just nuts.

This is the last bi tof info that we have from the USD board:

@ UC-Davis

@UND

@Cal Poly

Southern Utah@ Dakota Dome?

Missouri-Rolla @ DAKOTA DOME FOR D-Days!

@Montana St

@UNI Dome

@SE Louisiana

WTAMU@Dakota Dome

Dates and times we are unsure of.

My selfish side wanted the Southeastern Louisiana game to be in Hammond in 2008, but from the looks of this schedule it will be in GF. Maybe the Sioux will be down here in 2009.

From everything I've read on the web, that game will be at Southeastern Louisiana. Note the color bars on that site. There are no confirmed dates or locations, just the games themselves.

From everything I've read on the web, that game will be at Southeastern Louisiana. Note the color bars on that site. There are no confirmed dates or locations, just the games themselves.

True, but they don't list that game as "at", but South Dakota is listed as "at SLU. I hope you are right, though. I already have eight people lined up to go to the game, if it is in Hammond.

It took me a minute to figure that out myself; the slotting of games with unknown dates into dated slot confused me :D As far as I can tell, we already have everything they have on our 2008 football schedule page, right?

It took me a minute to figure that out myself; the slotting of games with unknown dates into dated slot confused me :D As far as I can tell, we already have everything they have on our 2008 football schedule page, right?

Right. They don't have the Texas A&M-Kingsville game, although they've had the other 8 games posted on that site for quite some time. They basically keep updating it as scheduled games get posted over on AGS.