SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 Season

UND Fan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former UND player Harry Boyce has transferred to MSU-Mankato. link

I wasnt happy there, that wasnt my style of play, Boyce said. I like the winning tradition (at Minnesota State). I like the up-tempo, more running, motion offense, pressure defense.

He forgot to add the part about not liking to go to class either. What a tool!!! Full scholarship, Jones puts him up for defensive player of the year (AND HE WINS IT!!!), but he's not happy.............Good luck you ungrateful primadona. Good luck at Mankato, where 3 years after your eligibility has expired, you'll still be unhappy and also still uneducated.

Athletes like him drive me nuts!!!! (can you tell) :love:

I wasnt happy there, that wasnt my style of play, Boyce said. I like the winning tradition (at Minnesota State). I like the up-tempo, more running, motion offense, pressure defense.

He forgot to add the part about not liking to go to class either. What a tool!!! Full scholarship, Jones puts him up for defensive player of the year (AND HE WINS IT!!!), but he's not happy.............Good luck you ungrateful primadona. Good luck at Mankato, where 3 years after your eligibility has expired, you'll still be unhappy and also still uneducated.

Athletes like him drive me nuts!!!! (can you tell) :love:

They also drive me nuts with that kind of mentality. I hope he makes it to class this time around, if not maybe he will find a new school with better style of play :lol:

Can we at least wait until UND has played some NCC games before we proclaim them no better than a fourth-place NSIC team? You can't just look at one game in isolation--in this case the UND vs. Northern game--and draw definitive conclusions about how good or bad teams are. I think Jones more or less has the UND program on the right track. I would have liked to have added a bit more immediate help in the off-season, but in general the team has been playing pretty well since the awful 0-3 start. I have no problem criticizing the scheduling, but I think you're off-base if you think the team is under-achieving right now.

BTW, excuse me if I'm not super impressed with Southwest. They won at home vs. Augie and a suddenly struggling SCSU team (who lost by nearly 30 at Mary), and won on the road vs. a pretty bad UMD squad. I think UND can and will do the same. As for Northern, I will give them credit for having won at Augie and at Southwest. Of course, they also got smoked by 27 on their home court by Winona, so who knows how good they really are? Not sure how you can "guarantee" that they're better than last year at this point. That seems as premature as saying UND is no better than a fourth-place NSIC team.

After 3 Conference games, I believe Denny Crain would say, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the Defense rests." :glare:

I can't help but be a little frustrated that Augie's Tom VerDouw of Bismarck is averaging roughly as many points per game as Benter, Koenig and Lehnertz combined. Regardless of whether it's a 6'5" or 6'11" guy, we absolutely need to find somebody in the off-season who can be both a scoring threat and a physical presence in the post. Benter could get there in a couple of years, but we clearly need some help in the meantime.

I can't help but be a little frustrated that Augie's Tom VerDouw of Bismarck is averaging roughly as many points per game as Benter, Koenig and Lehnertz combined. Regardless of whether it's a 6'5" or 6'11" guy, we absolutely need to find somebody in the off-season who can be both a scoring threat and a physical presence in the post. Benter could get there in a couple of years, but we clearly need some help in the meantime.

Any word on Matheson from Walhalla/North Border? I know he was going to redshirt and is probably a bit of a project, just wondering if anyone knows how he is coming along.

Any word on Matheson from Walhalla/North Border? I know he was going to redshirt and is probably a bit of a project, just wondering if anyone knows how he is coming along.

I only saw him play a little bit at the state tournament last year, but I thought he looked like he had some potential. He certainly has the size. Wasn't he kind of a late bloomer? A big late growth spurt or something?

I only saw him play a little bit at the state tournament last year, but I thought he looked like he had some potential. He certainly has the size. Wasn't he kind of a late bloomer? A big late growth spurt or something?

He is at least 3 more years from being able to play.........................."project" is being nice. He is a huge longshot to ever play for UND.

UND is currently 11-7, with a minimum of 10 games remaining (nine regular season games plus at least one NCC tournament game). Do people now expect them to finish at, above or below .500? I'm going to guess 14-14. Up until the USD performance, I had really thought that at a minimum, we would win all of the home games except USD, and maybe win one or two on the road. Now, with two of the first three NCC games being very poor performances, I'm not so sure that's realistic. Thoughts?

UND is currently 11-7, with a minimum of 10 games remaining (nine regular season games plus at least one NCC tournament game). Do people now expect them to finish at, above or below .500? I'm going to guess 14-14. Up until the USD performance, I had really thought that at a minimum, we would win all of the home games except USD, and maybe win one or two on the road. Now, with two of the first three NCC games being very poor performances, I'm not so sure that's realistic. Thoughts?

Our 11 wins really don't look impressive

Crookston

Western Oregon

Dickinson

Minot

Upper Iowa x2

Jamestown

Mayville

Bemidji

Mary x2

To win 14 we have to win 3 conference games. I don't believe we'll win any on the road so we have to win 3 at home. Duluth, St. Cloud, and Augie? maybe, but I am going to guess 13-15. I think Augie beats us at the buzzer; probably the guy from Bismarck!!! :D

To win 14 we have to win 3 conference games. I don't believe we'll win any on the road so we have to win 3 at home. Duluth, St. Cloud, and Augie? maybe, but I am going to guess 13-15. I think Augie beats us at the buzzer; probably the guy from Bismarck!!! :D

St. Cloud has been pretty bad on the road, so I think that's winnable. Maybe UMD and UNO at home? I think it will be very tough to beat Augie. Had they not gotten the Iowa State transfer, maybe. But he's really good.

After watching are game against ISU....UND's D1 scholarship players will indeed be different from some other schools D1 scholarship players......

With Youmans and Little leaving after this season, it will be a major challenge for Jones to field a competitive team next year. We will likely need non-DI qualified JC transfers (another Beasley or two :D ) to sign before the end of the exploratory year: they'd get grandfathered in from DII.

With Youmans and Little leaving after this season, it will be a major challenge for Jones to field a competitive team next year. We will likely need non-DI qualified JC transfers (another Beasley or two :D ) to sign before the end of the exploratory year: they'd get grandfathered in from DII.

Yes, recruiting juco players this spring will be crucial to being able to field a competitive team next year, even considering the likely very weak schedule we'll have. Besides Travis Bledsoe, there will be very little proven scoring coming back.

With Youmans and Little leaving after this season, it will be a major challenge for Jones to field a competitive team next year. We will likely need non-DI qualified JC transfers (another Beasley or two :silly: ) to sign before the end of the exploratory year: they'd get grandfathered in from DII.

You guys will have a tough time being worse than the 04-05 Bison. After that season I was convinced Miles was a coaching genius. I can't believe we won a game. The good news for you guys is there's no more 5-8 rule and you should have about 6-8 scholarships available, so you could potentially have a solid freshmen class plus a couple jucos to help immediately. Good luck.