SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/gophers

jk

You know, I gotta real positive feeling about this (Big Trouble in Little China).  Yeah Yeah..... ;)

I think the Sioux win tonite.   Though I woke up this morning worrying about Welch having his coming out party.

We'll see.  I was ready to strap 'em on last night about 7:30.

It's going to be a long day at work.

Anyone in GF/Fargo:  What's the weather forecast now?  I was planning on driving from MSP early Saturday (returning Sunday), and that's seeming like less of a good idea now.  Nothing like a 4.5 hour drive turning into a 6 or 7 hour ordeal.  The latest word on storm intensity/timing would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ouch, the Herald says that Connelly is out for the game tonite.  I think that is a loss.  Connelly may not have tons of points but he's been playing on the PK and also is a very speedy, and hard working, aggressive player not afraid to be a little physical.

Who will play for him.  With Fournier out as well I imagine Palmiscno will play.  Faul as well?

Heard on the radio this morning coming to work that they didn't think we (Fargo) were going to get more than an inch or two and it won't be starting til after midnight tonight.  They said the problem will be the wind and possible drifting.  We need to get some snow before that happens, because after this week, we have hardly any left!   The comment was also made this storm may fizzle out before it gets here like mostly every other storm they have predicted.

Don't let it stop you -- only gopher fans cuz we don't need them in our building!   :)

Palmiscno will certainly play for Fournier.  My guess is that Dean will play B. Connelly in place of Ryan.  

In fact, I've been surprised this season that he hasn't seen more ice.  The kid had 26 pts as a Sophmore in the CHA two seasons ago before transfering to UND.

Go Sioux!

The talk ranged from Stars on Ice to the Olympics to the games this weekend to Jeff Panzer and the b.h. dolls on sale tonight.  

Stars on Ice:  Katarina Witt could make a good power forward; they did things on their skates which were amazing; yet another reason why the REA is a benefit to the community (bringing in an event that otherwise would not be in GF)  brief talk on the REA II in TRF

Olympics:  when Dean Blais (coaching staff) was with the Olympic hockey team how the emotion prior to an olympic game caused some players to cry - they took 4th place - he was dissapointed that there was no chance for him to be a part of this Olympics (there had been talk if they did well in St. Petersburg (last year?) he would have a chance to be a part of the coaching staff)  as far as a chance for the gold for US men hard to say as there are 6 teams with a legitimate shot at a medal and the women should be the favorites for the gold

UND vs. UMn:  no talk about who will be in goal or who is in/out of the line up; said Mn is a super talented team as evidenced by the number of draft choices, it's time for UND to play well - playing on "our" ice; can't allow Mn to take 4 pts; UND has always played well at playoff time, what matters is to win some games, get on a roll, even though UND is young they have to step forward, he believes that IF UND loses either/both games this weekend it WON'T be due to a lack of effort - rather it'd be due to "bad luck/bounces, good/hot goaltending by Mn, or bad goaltending by UND (us)"  - he didn't say anything about staying out of the penalty box, but I think that's implied.

Jeff Panzer:  "GF product who never complained, always thanked his teammates, fierce competitor, liked by other coaches"  he'll probably be called up to St. Louis next year as he's doing more then anyone expected, missed because he gave so much to the community (visits to hospital/schools etc.) and his leadership.

Tim(my) Skarperud:  He (T.S.) is bringing the leadership lost with Jeff Panzer graduating, he's coming into his own and making his mark on the team much like Jeff did.

Thanks, kr, that is great stuff to read.

I especially like what Blais said about it being time the team stepped up, and that losses won't be for a lack of effort this weekend.

I suspect Blais has worked to instill and senses that the guys are ready to play based on observing practice this week.

DROP THE PUCK!

The Gophs in 2002:

0-3-1 on Friday

0-4-1 in WCHA weekend series game ones

The Gophs are walking around with the "Friday night" (I like to think of it was "first game of the weekend") jinx on their minds.

Nothing would make me happier than to see the Sioux come out and bang in a couple early and get them thinking about it even more.