Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
sioux7>5

Jerseys

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yeah... one comment and the triggered Hawkzis show up in force .. furiously flocking to the keyboards and usernames to defend their superior opinion and tell everyone else how wrong they are.

Yikes!  One comment about a vintage style HAWKS jersey similar to the 1950’s diagonal SIOUX jersey being introduced in 2020 makes me a part of the supposed Antifa-like “triggered Hawkzis” crowd?  Is there such a group?  
 

The mere mention of putting the Hawk logo on the front of a current jersey riles up the “Sioux Forever” crowd so much that you’d think it was a proposal to blow up the Hrkac and Duncan Hobey Baker trophies!  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Yikes!  One comment about a vintage style HAWKS jersey similar to the 1950’s diagonal SIOUX jersey being introduced in 2020 makes me a part of the supposed Antifa-like “triggered Hawkzis” crowd?  Is there such a group?  
 

The mere mention of putting the Hawk logo on the front of a current jersey riles up the “Sioux Forever” crowd so much that you’d think it was a proposal to blow up the Hrkac and Duncan Hobey Baker trophies!  

Crazy isn’t it, need to make a safe space for those people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

resize-A80U4739.jpg

I've always been a fan of "less is more" when it comes to hockey jerseys.  The BU and Notre Dame home jerseys come to mind quickly.

Burke_HHA.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:I've always been a fan of "less is more" when it comes to hockey jerseys.  The BU and Notre Dame home jerseys come to mind quickly.

Burke_HHA.jpg

I think something like this would look good. I don’t mind the currents with a number but would look good without too. And I’m in the minority that likes the current font and it would look good like this done right. IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Yikes!  One comment about a vintage style HAWKS jersey similar to the 1950’s diagonal SIOUX jersey being introduced in 2020 makes me a part of the supposed Antifa-like “triggered Hawkzis” crowd?  Is there such a group?  
 

The mere mention of putting the Hawk logo on the front of a current jersey riles up the “Sioux Forever” crowd so much that you’d think it was a proposal to blow up the Hrkac and Duncan Hobey Baker trophies!  

I need to read more carefully,  I thought the hawkzis were pro hawks hooligans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the topic of the thread.

Got some sweaters back from EPS and while they took super long and I was disappointed I couldn't wear in Minneapolis, they still look nice.

 IMG_4932.thumb.jpg.b5372b80e01989ba855be9d244dc4e8a.jpg

 

IMG_4933.thumb.jpg.5ead1228cdd4866986fd2a843661553b.jpg

 

IMG_4934.thumb.jpg.d6a1a69761ecd7c8d7a9f79b1bac9728.jpg

Since EPS won't do current players, this will have to wait to have SENDEN added.

IMG_4935.thumb.jpg.19325bcc75e870e9b105caf6c9b0ed22.jpg

This was a gift personalized with my name, so I had them take off mine and put on GERSICH.

IMG_4936.thumb.jpg.680ad6b276c11ab0368928e7b3c0c680.jpg

 

And a recent pick up kind of fitting with the recent hype surrounding Nashville.

IMG_4937.thumb.jpg.4f4b2d5942cce9f2b5814223ed119d7f.jpg

 

IMG_4938.thumb.jpg.753cd7751c3b712145ad8a007cf6c9f8.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, und1995 said:

How did you get them personalized? Do they supply jerseys or do you have to send in your own?

I send in my own. I don’t think they sell jerseys. Just do customization. But I don’t trust anyone else, but also haven’t used anyone else either. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Langster019 said:

IMG_4932.thumb.jpg.b5372b80e01989ba855be9d244dc4e8a.jpg

IMG_4933.thumb.jpg.5ead1228cdd4866986fd2a843661553b.jpg

IMG_4934.thumb.jpg.d6a1a69761ecd7c8d7a9f79b1bac9728.jpg

IMG_4935.thumb.jpg.19325bcc75e870e9b105caf6c9b0ed22.jpg

This comparison shows me how bad the hem and sleeve stripes are on the new set.  That 2011 white jersey is almost perfect with the thinner white stripes, but the black jersey is overwhelmed by the thicker stripes.  That top green stripe almost touches the lettering in DAKOTA and the number 19 on the back seems scrunched into the space available.  Fix that issue alone and the 2018-2019 black jersey would look infinitely better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

This comparison shows me how bad the hem and sleeve stripes are on the new set.  That 2011 white jersey is almost perfect with the thinner white stripes, but the black jersey is overwhelmed by the thicker stripes.  That top green stripe almost touches the lettering in DAKOTA and the number 19 on the back seems scrunched into the space available.  Fix that issue alone and the new black jersey would look infinitely better.

Keep in mind the new blacks don’t have the waist band stripes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Langster019 said:

Keep in mind the new blacks don’t have the waist band stripes. 

Sorry, those were last year’s blacks.  Now they went the opposite direction and look bare.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Sorry, those were last year’s blacks.  Now they went the opposite direction and look bare.

I’m indifferent. Like them all. Part of me likes how it makes the number look so big. Going from Reebok to CCM to Adidas does nothing but lighten my wallet. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fight on sioux said:

What is this EPS company? I'm looking to get some jerseys named and numbered. Is it as expensive as Authentics at the Sioux Shop? Thanks!

Its called Exclusive Pro Sports in Illinois. It's about 70+ bucks a jersey but at least it is done to on ice specs and looks good. Authentics at the sioux shop orders the jersey kits from EPS and just heat presses them on.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, und1995 said:

How did you get them personalized? Do they supply jerseys or do you have to send in your own?

You send in your own jersey..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fight on sioux said:

What is this EPS company? I'm looking to get some jerseys named and numbered. Is it as expensive as Authentics at the Sioux Shop? Thanks!

They’re really easy to work with. I’d send them now or early new year since the fall rush is over. I sent mine in early-mid August and just got them back this week. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fight on sioux said:

So, it's pretty much the same price as Sioux Shop which is about $85... Thanks for the info!

 

Except the Sioux shop doesn’t stitch it on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fight on sioux said:

What is this EPS company? I'm looking to get some jerseys named and numbered. Is it as expensive as Authentics at the Sioux Shop? Thanks!

 

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

You send in your own jersey..

Or I can send in MY jerseys and YOU can pay for the customization.  I’ll be happy to show you photos of the completed product!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, Langster019 said:

Back to the topic of the thread.

Got some sweaters back from EPS and while they took super long and I was disappointed I couldn't wear in Minneapolis, they still look nice.

 IMG_4932.thumb.jpg.b5372b80e01989ba855be9d244dc4e8a.jpg

 

IMG_4933.thumb.jpg.5ead1228cdd4866986fd2a843661553b.jpg

 

Did the same with my white authentic.  VERY jealous of the Frozen Four patch. Pretty much impossible to find one now :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, fight on sioux said:

What is this EPS company? I'm looking to get some jerseys named and numbered. Is it as expensive as Authentics at the Sioux Shop? Thanks!

https://exclusivepro.com/

EPS does excellent work.  I would take stitched over heat-pressed any day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fader said:

Did the same with my white authentic.  VERY jealous of the Frozen Four patch. Pretty much impossible to find one now :)

Pretty sure I sent your pics with my jersey to EPS haha. Was a nice template. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fader said:

Did the same with my white authentic.  VERY jealous of the Frozen Four patch. Pretty much impossible to find one now :)

Just so you know, that FF patch isn’t an authentic one. The counterfeits are still easy to find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WHTDVL said:

Just so you know, that FF patch isn’t an authentic one. The counterfeits are still easy to find. 

Explain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...